Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Battleships

Are battleship $2 s still south after. Specifically ones in vf. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Comments

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    Very popular notes for sure.
  • element159element159 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭
    I know that I want one! When I get around to one, an attractive VF would be in my ballpark.

• Oh absolutely. As long as they are problem free.
  • numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    In the 15 years since I've been collecting/dealing them Battleships have always been sought after,even notes with issues,as long as the deal is fair.Lately though,it's been very difficult to get a fair deal on a decent vf.Last year at FUN I had over a dozen....one year later,I only have 5.....they are easy to sell and hard to replace in todays marketplace.At least that's been my experience.
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • I've been collecting for 15 years and I can tell you without hesitation they are highly popular notes. Dealers at a lot of show I go to usually don't have them at all, let alone the Fr numbers I'm trying to upgrade. You should be able to obtain a New York or Chicago or Philly in vf without any trouble. Some districts are just tough, period - forget grade. For type though, a nice, well centered vf is easily obtainable.
    The above is my two cents worth - adjusted for inflation, YOU OWE me money. Please pay promptly.

SPMC LM #371
  • Thank you all for sharing your thoughts.

Brian
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like battleships!

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

Collectors and non collectors alike love the Battleship note. The last large size $2 note has a blue seal and some confuse that to think it’s a Silver Certificate. The vignette on the back, like many notes of this series, is the money-shot.

My one and only EPN note

• HallcoHallco Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome Daffy! Love that

• USAFRETWIUSAFRETWI Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

One of my favorites

• synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭

Battleships are cool!
    FR752 PCGS CU 60

• goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love Battleships.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice notes all

• CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

Love the Battle ships.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely worth taking a shot after! Classic, beautifully designed note!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...