Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Want to Piggyback on a November Special #2?

Hey Guys,

Jeff (Jeffv96masters) is willing to do a November sub for REGULAR SIZED cards. It is special #2 below:

Collectors Club Special #2: $6.00 per Card – 25 Card Minimum

For cards from Pre-’56 valued under $100 each

Sport and non-sport cards.....Regular size

He needs to meet the 25 card minimum. I am in for at least 7 cards.

If anyone is interested please post here.

Jeff charges an extra 25 cents per card, which covers your portion of the shipping back and forth between Jeff and PSA.

If you post here please also PM Jeff and let him know you posted. THANKS!
STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

Comments

• Options
    jjwormjjworm Posts: 196 ✭✭
    I have 10 cards from the 1944-49 Peerless Red/Black set (10 card set) I would like to submit. They are sized similarly to the T206 cards but qualify for the regular submission. Let me know if I can join.

Collecting:

- Post War baseball HOF RC's
    - 1980's unopened baseball
    - All Mutoscope and American Beauties

• Options
    Shoot for 50 and you can get .50 less per card. I'm sure we can get there.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    If they are larger sized cards they may qualify for the #2 Special, but won't qualify (I don't believe) as "regular sized" cards. They would require separate shipping. If you are willing to pay for the shipping, you may want to PM Jeff and ask him.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: charrigan
    Shoot for 50 and you can get .50 less per card. I'm sure we can get there.

Casey, could you PM Jeff and see what he says?

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm interested, I have some T218s that I would like to submit.
  • Options
    JJ ... I see you edited your post above regarding the size of the cards. You now state they are same size as T206 ... those should fit into our submission.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Looks like we have already hit 25+ cards..

Me - 7

JJ - 10

Casey - ?

Paul W - ?

Paul B - 5

Gary - 6
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭
    I would probably be in for 5 Topps cards.

Paul B
  • Options
    Originally posted by: georgebailey2
    I would probably be in for 5 Topps cards. Paul B

GREAT PAUL! Please PM Jeff as well.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are 69-70 and 76-77 Topps basketball OK and how do I find out about the $100 or less worth?
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Tibor
    Are 69-70 and 76-77 Topps basketball OK and how do I find out about the $100 or less worth?

I believe they are tall boys. However, check out the forum, as someone else is doing a tall boy sub.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    A quick dumb question....if the special is for pre-1956 standard size cards, can I assume we are talking about standard size Topps and Bowman from 1956 and older as these are bigger sizes than the average modern card. I assume yes but just wanted to check because if I can submit some of my '55 Bowmans I would be in for at least 5.
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: mccardguy1
    A quick dumb question....if the special is for pre-1956 standard size cards, can I assume we are talking about standard size Topps and Bowman from 1956 and older as these are bigger sizes than the average modern card. I assume yes but just wanted to check because if I can submit some of my '55 Bowmans I would be in for at least 5.

I think you are fine. Here are the size standards from the PSA website:

CURRENT PSA HOLDER SIZES

Below are the current approximate card holder sizes. These are the maximum sizes; there are many inserts available to provide a more custom fit for smaller cards. Please note that all cards and tickets vary in size. Occasionally, a card or ticket will not fit into the designated holder. If this occurs it will be placed in a Mylar sleeve and put in an oversized holder. There are also card/ticket issues that PSA's current holders cannot accommodate, but may be holdered in the future as new holders are introduced.

Standard - 2 11/16" x 3 13/16"

Tall Boy - 3 1/2" x 5 1/ 6"

Supersized (Ticket) - 3 5/8" x 7 1/2"

Supersized (Check) - 4 1/4" x 10"

T-3 Holder - 5 3/4" x 8"

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Topps29Topps29 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    I have (6) pre-1956 topps to sub...
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Topps29
    I have (6) pre-1956 topps to sub...

Gary ... please PM Jeff regarding any submissions.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Topps29Topps29 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    can find Jeffv96masters in the pull down menu when sending a PM

pls advise how to advise Jeff of my sub interest?

thanks

-Gary
  • Options
    Gary, PM sent.

I have an email into Jeff letting him know we have reached the minimum. As soon as he responds I will let everyone know.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭
    Just email me folks at my jeffv96masters@gmail.com address

I am doing 3 orders and will send you the forms we use and answer all questions

Checks//money orders to Professional Sports Auth ( I accept paypal also see me on that)

1) CC Special # 1

2) CC Special # 2

3) Recasing order

Thanks Doug for the legwork- weekends as you know I'm atw ork

Jeff
  • Options
    Jeff ... you are welcome. OK guys, there's Jeff's email if you want to participate in any of the 3 subs he is doing this month.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    junkwaxgemsjunkwaxgems Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    Email sent! Would be in for 10-20.

fka jacksoncoupage, comc.com: junkwaxgems, ebay: junkwaxgems
  • Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭
    Email replies sent to everyone who PM or emailed me so far.

PLEASE get the PRE-56 orders in ASAP - Priority Mail those packages folks that cutoff is SAT Nov 14th for pre-56 stuff

Send me trace info so I can be looking out for them I get hundreds of packages a week in.

You have plenty of time of special # 1 and Re-Casing as I am running the Nov 14th and Nov 27th due dates

Now if you had over 25 fine I can do a second sub for pre-5 later- just contact me

Sorry on late replies I work nights guys.

Jeff
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    For the first time back in July, I met Jeff and used him for a BGS sub. Guy is top notch!

If I can shake this cold and get back to my routine tomorrow, I'll look for my 53 Bowman Colors I need graded and email you.

Thanks
    Barry
  • Options
    ghooper33ghooper33 Posts: 309 ✭✭✭✭
    PM sent! I would be in for 38-40 cards for special #1.
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle