Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Some highligths from 9/30 Pogue auction

This was only a highlight for me.
I wanted it but my $13,000 bid got blown out of the water and it sold for $19,000

Some other lots...

And the mother of all coins

Comments

• Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    I would have liked to bid on all of them; but I only have $67.55 in my checking account; and baby needs a new pair of shoes.image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    I would have bid on all of those coins, but I don't expect to win the Powerball until tonight's drawing.
    I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.
  • Options
    WinLoseWinWinLoseWin Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would have liked to bid on all of them; but I only have $67.55 in my checking account; and baby needs a new pair of shoes.image >>

They probably have a payment plan available. Might take many of us a few hundred years or more to pay though. image

"To Be Esteemed Be Useful" - 1792 Birch Cent --- "I personally think we developed language because of our deep need to complain." - Lily Tomlin

• Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    It was interesting to watch the bidding even without buying anything.
  • Options
    NapNap Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't get to watch it, had family obligations.

I'd be afraid to log in, out of fear that the cat would jump on the keyboard and bid a million dollars on something. I imagine there was a 'watch only' feature though.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Didn't get to watch it, had family obligations.

I'd be afraid to log in, out of fear that the cat would jump on the keyboard and bid a million dollars on something. I imagine there was a 'watch only' feature though. >>

I was logged in without much fear. My bid limit is only $15K and so the entire time
    I was logged in on my iPhone it kept saying that my bid limit was exceeded since
    bidding for all of the items was higher than that. Although, there were a few lots
    where the bidding did start below $15K. The also have a disable bidding button.
    I watched the first 45 or so lots roll by on my iPhone while I was out. I enjoyed it.
    I would have enjoyed it a little more if I would have been able to bid though. image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file