Home U.S. Coin Forum

What do SP70 DMPL ATB 5 oz. silvers sell for?

I was doing some submissions and thought about sending in some 5 oz. ATB coins.
With the $16 grading fee plus the $20 "oversized holder" fee and looking at eBay and seeing SP69's sell for under issue price, it didn't seem like a smart move,

Unless you can get a 70 DMPL. But I don't see any listed or sold on eBay. Maybe they are the elusive holy grail?

I see Kisatchie PCGS SP70 First Strike Mercanti's listed for $300.

Comments

• djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Unless you can get a 70 DMPL. But I don't see any listed or sold on eBay. Maybe they are the elusive holy grail? >>

There are no bullion coins graded in MS70.

There are collector versions (P mintmark) in SP70 there value depends on the issue Hawaii and Alaska are the most expensive
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    P-pucks get the SP designation and have the blasted finish (there are light finish varieties where the blasting wasn't as full as it should have been)

they grade up to 70

the bullion pucks without the mintmark grade up to 69 and can also have the PL or DMPL designation

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • MM Posts: 363

<< <i>I was doing some submissions and thought about sending in some 5 oz. ATB coins.
    With the $16 grading fee plus the $20 "oversized holder" fee and looking at eBay and seeing SP69's sell for under issue price, it didn't seem like a smart move,

Unless you can get a 70 DMPL. But I don't see any listed or sold on eBay. Maybe they are the elusive holy grail?

I see Kisatchie PCGS SP70 First Strike Mercanti's listed for $300. >>

Yes, elusive to get a 70 in the bullion version.

According to PCGS pops, one DMPL 70 Great Sand Dunes. Also one MS70, Fort McHenry.

527019 Shop2014 25C Great Sand Dunes NP 5 oz Silver, 1 680 1 682 DM MSDM
    +
  • TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I think I'll keep mine raw and save the $36 each in fees since I don't see much potential upside.

I had a subscription this year, but canceled it. Having one is cool.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file