Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Do you have a PCGS + graded coin that is the only one graded at that level?

relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭✭✭
According to the population report, this 1891 S dime is the only one graded at 64+. In fact it's the only 1891 S that has recieved a plus to date.

imageimage

Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions

Comments

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice coin! image
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious? Have you crossed all of your anacs photo certs? How's that type set coming?
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just curious? Have you crossed all of your anacs photo certs? How's that type set coming? >>

About 10 or 12 have been crossed. If they have a value above $200, I have been slowly sending them in. The set has slowed down do to the availability of coins. I still have yet to find a Barber half. and several of the seated types. A few of the coins are problem coins as noted on the certificate and I am looking for upgrades for them. I haven't counted lately, but I have around 65 diffrent types with Anacs photo certificates.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    I've made a couple of unique pop coins - things like a 1971 50c PR60 image
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand PCGS's reluctance to assign the + more often.

This is my only CBH with a +, AU55+. It's the only one at that grade for the 1818/7 small 8. Across all grades there is only one other, a 62+. Out of 209 graded.

Sure, plus-grading has only been around for 5 years. But I'd bet a great deal of those 209 were graded after 2009.
    Lance.

imageimage
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,909 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't understand PCGS's reluctance to assign the + more often.

This is my only CBH with a +, AU55+. It's the only one at that grade for the 1818/7 small 8. Across all grades there is only one other, a 62+. Out of 209 graded.

Sure, plus-grading has only been around for 5 years. But I'd bet a great deal of those 209 were graded after 2009.
    Lance.

imageimage >>

Awesome Bust Half!
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    the only + representative of 1960 proof nickels here

everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    USMarine6USMarine6 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 1883 62+ Proof Morgan is 1 of 2 in that grade. Not what your looking for but the next best thing
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No to answer your question.

I have a 66+ 1945-S Washington that was 1 of 2 when I acquired it. Now there are 10.

I do have a low grade (VF20) T$1 that is the only one at that grade.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    Ten years ago I had a no bands MS66 pop 1 1918 Mercury dime, but now it is a pop 3 (non higher) coin. Loved that coin, but sold it with the rest of the set to PQPeach (Larry).
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file