Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Pop reports over time?

Fairly new to the PSA site(s). Curious if there is a way to track the POP of a certain card or cards.

Meaning is there a site to see what the 1968 Rod Carew in PSA 9 had a POP of in 2002, then say 2004, then 2006 and so forth?

Comments

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    well it is 2015, and in October, Marty will be back with the time machine. You have to keep Biff from stealing it first however.
    I suggest using the time machine to hoard cased of 86 fleer basketball or the 52 topps high series cases that were dropped in the ocean
    and secure them in a cool dry environment until you can return.

best wishes,

the real answer is no but I like your idea.
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    I never found a way to do it through the pop report, but I created my own spreadsheet (with the help of a friend) that I am able to copy and paste the numbers (daily, weekly, etc) and keep a historical record. Use it for two sets I am currently either working on.
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    No way.
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I have wondered this many times. It would be fascinating to track this data. I am told that there is no way, other than saving the information yourself every so often.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    ledstersledsters Posts: 603 ✭✭
    I have a pop report from 1999 if anyone wants to know how many of a certain card there was back then. Piecing data together using hard copies would be a start.
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've said it before but this is the #1 thing I'd like to see from PSA. Doubt it will ever happen though.

I started a spreadsheet of ~350 cards I'm tracking. It's also doubling as a checklist. I plan to update pop info every 3 months. Should give me an idea of the landscape moving forward.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the pops have gone up
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Ledsters...which years or players does your POP report cover?
    Thanks
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Isn't there a web archive site or would that not work since the site is driven by a backend database?

Someone posted a link to an archived BBCE website from a few years ago so you could compare costs with today's prices.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    MOTHER FATHERS! image

It would be nice and couldn't be too terribly complicated.
  • Options
    The pop report covers every card graded by PSA from 1999 back to 1991.
  • Options
    I would be interested in perusing it. What would I have to do? Is there a link or do I just pm you cards I am interested in.

And more importantly, why isn't this available directly on the PSA site?
  • Options
    Is it something you're willing to share, kind sir?
  • Options
    Here is the book I have. It's about an inch thick and it has population numbers for every card (baseball, basketball, football, hockey, boxing) that PSA had graded up through 1999. It breaks it down into each card and each grade.

I will look up a some individual cards or I could scan a few pages or I could just sell you the book image

[URL=http://s203.photobucket.com/user/ledsters/media/SMR 1999.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • Options
    PM sent
  • Options
    Cool, thanks. I'd be curious about the 85 Topps and Topps Tiffany McGwire if you don't mind. Sounds like it would have been right after the bananas summer of 98.
  • Options
    Here are the results for 1985 Topps #401 Mark McGwire and the Tiffany version.

1985 Topps #401 Mark McGwire

PSA Grade 1-2: 1
    PSA Grade 3-4: 17
    PSA Grade 5: 35
    PSA Grade 6: 184
    PSA Grade 7: 1700
    PSA Grade 7Q: 63
    PSA Grade 8: 10403
    PSA Grade 8Q: 1671
    PSA Grade 9: 2155
    PSA Grade 9Q: 510
    PSA Grade 10: 75

Total Graded: 14570

1985 Topps Tiffany #401 Mark McGwire

PSA Grade 1-2: 0
    PSA Grade 3-4: 0
    PSA Grade 5: 2
    PSA Grade 6: 4
    PSA Grade 7: 8
    PSA Grade 7Q: 0
    PSA Grade 8: 192
    PSA Grade 8Q: 8
    PSA Grade 9: 176
    PSA Grade 9Q: 8
    PSA Grade 10: 3

Total Graded: 385
  • Options
    Book has been sold. I can probably do a few more before I receive payment and it's mailed away.
  • Options
    The only Internet archive that I am aware of is the Wayback Machine.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, ledsters. I appreciate it.
  • Options