Home U.S. Coin Forum

Why are there pics with my certs?

I haven't got the coins back yet, but the certs posted on my Kennedy submission.

I was surprised to see photos on the cert pages:

http://www.pcgs.com/Cert/31387425.html
http://www.pcgs.com/Cert/31387426.html
http://www.pcgs.com/Cert/31387427.html (this one I understand; I had TrueView on it)
http://www.pcgs.com/Cert/31387427.html

I assume those are my coins? How come they got pics?

Comments

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC, they've been doing that for some time; most likely for Coinfacts.
  • But I checked certs one up and one down and they don't have pics?
  • CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭

Numis profiling....... image

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• << <i>Numis profiling....... image >>

I wish they'd do that with ALL certs. I'd be willing to pay extra for it.
  • winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    That is what they are waiting for, PAY MORE!!!
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a few of those non TrueViewed coins that are posted on CoinFacts. If it is a nice enough looking coin example, they snap an image and post it. It is not as high definition as TrueView but...

It's a freebie!
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes when you order one or two in a batch they do all. I think it depends on what is in the order. I had it go the same way a few time, then other times they just do the coin(s) you paid for. It is a nice surprise when they do the whole bunch. I wouldn't suggest asking for a couple expecting them all, as I said they only do the whole batch sometimes.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• << <i>I have a few of those non TrueViewed coins that are posted on CoinFacts. If it is a nice enough looking coin example, they snap an image and post it. It is not as high definition as TrueView but...

It's a freebie! >>

And yet I and other people would often be quite happy with "not as high definition as TrueView" - wonder why that isn't offered as an option.
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I haven't got the coins back yet, but the certs posted on my Kennedy submission.

I was surprised to see photos on the cert pages:

31387427 (this one I understand; I had TrueView on it)

I assume those are my coins? How come they got pics? >>

There. I linkified your "links".
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • robecrobec Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a few of those non TrueViewed coins that are posted on CoinFacts. If it is a nice enough looking coin example, they snap an image and post it. It is not as high definition as TrueView but...

It's a freebie! >>

If you download the large CF photo it is exactly like the TrueView. Same photo, same high definition.
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Numis profiling....... image >>

I wish they'd do that with ALL certs. I'd be willing to pay extra for it. >>

You can pay extra for it. It's called TrueView image

The ones without the TrueView background are CoinsFacts photos PCGS takes at their own prerogative without a TrueView order. These will often show up on the CoinFacts website. Technically, the TrueView and CoinFacts photos are the same except for licensing and display. A TrueView photo has been paid for and licensed by a submitter so it appears with the PCGS logo and background while the CoinFacts photo does not.

In addition to TrueView and CoinFacts photos, the Cert Verification page can show a PCGS Secure photo. These photos are taken if PCGS Secure service is ordered and done differently than TrueView and CoinFacts photos. If a coin has both a PCGS Secure and a TrueView/CoinFacts photo, the Cert Verification page can show both. Here is a coin, 25510131, displaying both TrueView and PCGS Secure. You can distinguish a PCGS Secure and CoinFacts photos because CoinFacts photos have a shadow around the coin photo while Secure Plus does not.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file