Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Stamps

WTB: world stamps (non-USA)

I know it's been a while since this board had much activity, so in case you don't know (or forgot), "WTB" means "want to buy."

I am looking to buy world stamps to accompany my coin collection. I am particularly interested in dates that match those of my coins, but let's start simple and see if anyone replies.

Condition doesn't matter so long as I can make out the name of the nation. New, used, whatever.
ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

Comments

• zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Any particular countries you're looking for?

I don't collect world stamps but I've accumulated tons of them in collections I've picked up

• dcamp78dcamp78 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭
    Hello,

I have some world stamps, but I don't know much about terminology since I don't collect them.
    So, here goes: I believe they are all considered "canceled". (i.e. they were taken off of mailed
    envelopes) They are in an old folder and they look to be glued into the folder. (I believe that
    they would have to be steamed off of the page and then stored properly.)

I have pictures of some of the pages that I will try to attach to this message.
    If you can't see them, contact me at dcamp6078@gmail.com.

Dcamp78
    Big Dave
    -------------------------
    Good trades with: DaveN, Tydye, IStillLikeZARCoins, Fjord, Louie, BRdude
    Good buys from: LordMarcovan, Aethelred, Ajaan, PrivateCoinCollector, LindeDad, Peaceman, Spoon, DrJules, jjrrww
    Good sale to: Nicholasz219
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Hey guys and gals(?) thanks for the replies. I am looking for stamps of all countries, to accompany my coins in presentation. I really only need one from each country. But if have an album, for example, then I'm open to the possibility of purchasing the album and selecting my faves on my own time. It really comes down to (1) how many nations do you have? If they're all Britain or Canada and none else then I'm probably going to pass. And (2) how easily can I remove them. I own an iron with steam function, and I can sort of use it. But I've never handled stamps before. I like the idea of post office marks over the artwork as it adds to the character IMHO. But I'd probably cut the pages apart before I started steaming. If that sounds blasphemous then maybe don't sell me your album.

Honesty above all else right? I look forward to your replies. Let's keep it on the forum for now. You can send me a PM if you prefer.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    PM me your address Lochness and I'll put together a big envelope of stuff for you to have some fun with. Might take a few days to get it all put together for you but just send me your address when you get a chance

• dcamp78dcamp78 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭
    Sorry, I couldn't post the pictures here. The album contains older stamps from many country, not just the United Kingdom.
    If you buy the album, you can do with it as you see fit because it will be yours, so no worries there.
    I don't know much about stamps either, that's why I'm trying to get rid of it.

Once again, if you'd like pictures I can email them to you.

Big Dave
    -------------------------
    Good trades with: DaveN, Tydye, IStillLikeZARCoins, Fjord, Louie, BRdude
    Good buys from: LordMarcovan, Aethelred, Ajaan, PrivateCoinCollector, LindeDad, Peaceman, Spoon, DrJules, jjrrww
    Good sale to: Nicholasz219
    Thanks for the reply, Dave.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Are you still buying 503.862.7586

Hi @Blizake82 thanks and sorry for the delayed reply. I am not buying stamps at this time. Some friendly advice: don't post any contact information you wish to keep private as these forum boards used to show up in Google search results rather well (and probably still do).

ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE