Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Collecting Ticket stubs

It's been a couple of years since i've posted on the CU boards.
Fast forward 2013 i'm getting the itch for vintage baseball tickets, mostly stubs from the 50's and earlier.

I've done my searches for past threads on "tickets".
Doesnt seem like many are interested?

I've been somewhat in tune with the eBay market for vintage baseball Tickets since 2012.
Tickets have so much appeal when it comes to the cost vs rarity equation, seemingly more scarce than cards of the same era.

What knowledge do some of you have regarding vintage ticket stubs?
Are they really as scarce as they seem or has the market not opened the doors for hidden collections.

Have the major auction houses and eBay market seen the majority of the ticket collections, is there enough historic sales data to support a real "price guide".

Another question I had without a thorough answer was if tickets were more appealing (higher value) if the seating/section were in higher tiered prices vs "bleacher" seats.

I'm glad to be back talking about collecting!

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

Comments

• Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    While we are on the subject of tickets, bump for the topic.

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Im all about some ticket talk. Just now getting into the area but believe it is a collecting area that will grow ovef the next few years. I am somewhat dissapointed in PSA`s registry for football and will try to contact the proper authorities to add a feww more sets to the registry.Occasionaly I will bid on a few baseball tickets from the era you collect when I feel they are undervalued.

• Options
    I agree we'll see a steady increase in ticket collecting interest, but I think it'll be fairly consistent with the availability of tix in the market.
    I'd be interested to hear of others thoughts or experiences in the tix hobby over the last 20 or so years.
    I'm sure the pioneers of collecting who grabbed what they could at yesterdays prices probably saw a boom in prices.

I think NFL and Boxing tickets are the top of ticket collecting food chain, I've seen a lot of activity in those genres.

• Options
    One reason I enjoy ticket collecting is that it involves history and football.

I am finding some reasonable prices on tickets from games where people just are not aware of the games significance. Debuts and last games of star players are most prevalent. It also gives me a chance to research the history of the game.

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    I think ticket stubs are awsome collectables. I had to draw the line somewhere though to keep my collection somewhat focused. I would love to pick up ticket stubs from several important events .. Like the miricle on ice game, some Super Bowls, World Series ect .. But had to narrow it down.. I decided to use kentucky derby ticket stubs in place of rookie cards for some of the more famous race horses like secretariat. I also pick presidential inauguration tickets when I see them. It's amazing you can get 1933 FDR inauguration ticket for less than 30 bucks. Seems cheap for a nice piece of American history.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    I also really want a ticket stub from the dodgers game where Rick Monday saves the American flag. Psa slabs it that way too which is awsome
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Welcome back!

I remember the board name - can't remember your real name?

I like tickets - though I don't collect them.

I do have a nice 52WS Yanks and Dodgers set of stubs - got lucky and got them in a purchase of some WS programs and stuff.

I'm looking forward to you posting on them.

I have loads of stuff I collect that gets little "play" here - but that's not the fault of the forum.

Mike
  • Options
    Hi Mike, Good to see the old Stonehenge again.image

• Options

<< <i>Hi Mike, Good to see the old Stonehenge again.image >>

Thank you very much - very kind.
    Mike
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    I think ticket stubs are becoming more collected - I see them in a bunch of auctions now - but bargains can be had. Personally I don't value seating location tickets differently, but there are collectors (Super Bowl tickets come to mind) that collect all the variations in color design for tickets. That means that it is the number of seats in a location grouping that make that color variation drive the value. If there are fewer nose bleed section seats - those are the tickets with sky high prices.

SCP has a great run of NFL title game tickets closing tonight, you can get a feel for the football market there. Huggins and Scott seems to have tickets in every one of their auctions lately as well.

There is a seller on ebay that has a store of tickets from memorable games -sports-tix-n-more-ny - if you want to get an idea of prices - I have never purchased from him so I don't know how low he goes on best offers.

There are some tickets that seem to be always in demand - 1919 Black Sox World Series, 1927 World Series, 1960 Mazeroski Game 7 HR, 1956 Larsen Perfect Game, Mickey Mantle WS home run games come to mind immediately.

I've been picking up tickets for my collection, here are some that I really like.
    Autographed

Unautographed
  • Options
    WOW! Those are some nice stubbs. The 50s World Series tickets are some of the most beautiful tickets produced in my opinion, the autos give them a nice touch. Thanks for the heads up on the auction I will check it out.

• Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭

<< <i>WOW! Those are some nice stubbs. The 50s World Series tickets are some of the most beautiful tickets produced in my opinion, the autos give them a nice touch. Thanks for the heads up on the auction I will check it out. >>

One more 50's WS stub in my collection - row AA - this fan must have had a great seat.
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    I buy a lot of tickets, mostly baseball and rock concert tickets. I seem to gravitate towards the picture tickets. I am looking for a fight ticket from The 70's Sugar Ray Leonard vs Rocky Rosendo Ramon. I believe the fight was in Baltimore in maybe July 76, at least I think. I have found an original cardboard fight flyer from the day, but $400 is a bunch more than I want to pay. I know Rocky Ramon and always wanted to make a collage for him with a program, photo, and ticket. Maybe some day.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    Has anyone ever done business with Chicago Tix ? Thier web site has always been difficult to navigate and now they seem to be in some kind of owner transition. They appear to be the premier web based site for buying and selling tickets, but I am having trouble getting prices from them. Anyone have any info ?

• Options
    Beautiful ticks Tom.

I especially admire the "Casey" tick - very nice.

I wonder. Is there a problem with a lot of "fakes" in the tick biz? I'm clueless.
    Mike
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great thread, I agree I love looking at the old ticket stubs pre 1990's
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome Mike (Stone193).
    I certainly remember your informative posts and wealth of knowledge.

I also am fond of your ticket collection, thanks for posting.

Ticket collecting has taken a lot of patience, sometimes spend too much time than i'd like to admit searching for the one's I want.
    It's definitely a thrill in the "chase" thing.

Thanks for sharing everyone!

• Options

<< <i>Has anyone ever done business with Chicago Tix ? Thier web site has always been difficult to navigate and now they seem to be in some kind of owner transition. They appear to be the premier web based site for buying and selling tickets, but I am having trouble getting prices from them. Anyone have any info ? >>

There site is a mess!

if your into the ticket collecting checkout our site we have a HUGE selection of tickets to all sporting events College Bowl Game tickets, super bowls, world series tickets, pga events (masters, pga championship, US open, British Open) daytona 500 tickets, indy 500 tickets, Kentucky Derby tickets, NFL Playoff tickets, NBA Playoff and Finals tickets, NHL playoff and stanley cup tickets, Milestone tickets for all 4 major sports, as well as Regular season tickets

we are dealers but also collectors we have huge personal collection we are working on a collection page which we will be adding in the near future to our site.

if your new to ticket collecting or not when putting a value or wroth on a ticket stub (remember everyone can value a ticket differently then the next) the Major factors are How many are available at the given time (everyone in there mother goes to ebay first so if there is 1 or 2 or NONE of the ticket your looking for then it is considered rare and scarce) remember we are not dealing with the likes of sports cards or any sport memorabilia that is mass produced especially if its from 1992 or older ticket collecting was not big heres some math if you think most stadiums can hold about 50,000 say half of these fans throw away there stubs that leaves 25,000 left over lets say half put it a scrap book or laminated it then we have possibly 12,500 or less that's pretty rare if you ask me and the further you back in time the lower that # gets again everyone can value (which again is what an Individual thinks a ticket is worth not a collecting community as a whole unlike cards or autographs (depending what the autograph is on...the more rare the item autographed the HIGHER the value/worth...supply and demand) ) The best thing about ticket stubs/fulls there is NO definite price guide like sports cards you have to tell yourself what is this particular ticket worth to you again its only worth as much as your willing to pay and the thing is there is always someone willing to pay more then the next person. so don't think just because you might think a ticket is worth $25 (or someone might have told you that is what its worth (thats what its worth to that person that told you that) Doesn't mean that a dealer or collector (offering it in a collector to collector setting) asking say $100 for the same ticket you value at only $25 is not worth $100 it might be to that dealer or collector and very well to someone else. In all of this Just remember to have fun and know with a ticket stub your holding a REAL piece of history in your hands UNLIKE a Sports Card because a Ticket is an actual Piece Of the game (closet you can get to the game besides equipment from a player or piece of the actual stadium (seat or sign and so forth)

as for the future of ticket collecting.......i think its only going to get bigger more people will hop on this bandwagon and if you got into the hobby early enough and were able to amass and nice collection of old tickets old i mean anything from the 80s (30 years old now) or older the more collectors that come into this hobby the harder its going to get to find the OLDER tickets which will make the ticket only increase in value. most new tickets are now being print on printers and scanned at events and hard copies of the ticket (an actual ticket you would take to the stadium and get ripped) are also being scanned and not ripped so are more abundant and easier to find.

hope this info helps any new or old ticket collectors that might have had a different view of the hobby.
    Buy Sell And Trade at
    www.everythingcollectibles.biz
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Has anyone ever done business with Chicago Tix ? Thier web site has always been difficult to navigate and now they seem to be in some kind of owner transition. They appear to be the premier web based site for buying and selling tickets, but I am having trouble getting prices from them. Anyone have any info ? >>

There site is a mess!

if your into the ticket collecting checkout our site we have a HUGE selection of tickets to all sporting events College Bowl Game tickets, super bowls, world series tickets, pga events (masters, pga championship, US open, British Open) daytona 500 tickets, indy 500 tickets, Kentucky Derby tickets, NFL Playoff tickets, NBA Playoff and Finals tickets, NHL playoff and stanley cup tickets, Milestone tickets for all 4 major sports, as well as Regular season tickets

we are dealers but also collectors we have huge personal collection we are working on a collection page which we will be adding in the near future to our site.

if your new to ticket collecting or not when putting a value or wroth on a ticket stub (remember everyone can value a ticket differently then the next) the Major factors are How many are available at the given time (everyone in there mother goes to ebay first so if there is 1 or 2 or NONE of the ticket your looking for then it is considered rare and scarce) remember we are not dealing with the likes of sports cards or any sport memorabilia that is mass produced especially if its from 1992 or older ticket collecting was not big heres some math if you think most stadiums can hold about 50,000 say half of these fans throw away there stubs that leaves 25,000 left over lets say half put it a scrap book or laminated it then we have possibly 12,500 or less that's pretty rare if you ask me and the further you back in time the lower that # gets again everyone can value (which again is what an Individual thinks a ticket is worth not a collecting community as a whole unlike cards or autographs (depending what the autograph is on...the more rare the item autographed the HIGHER the value/worth...supply and demand) ) The best thing about ticket stubs/fulls there is NO definite price guide like sports cards you have to tell yourself what is this particular ticket worth to you again its only worth as much as your willing to pay and the thing is there is always someone willing to pay more then the next person. so don't think just because you might think a ticket is worth $25 (or someone might have told you that is what its worth (thats what its worth to that person that told you that) Doesn't mean that a dealer or collector (offering it in a collector to collector setting) asking say $100 for the same ticket you value at only $25 is not worth $100 it might be to that dealer or collector and very well to someone else. In all of this Just remember to have fun and know with a ticket stub your holding a REAL piece of history in your hands UNLIKE a Sports Card because a Ticket is an actual Piece Of the game (closet you can get to the game besides equipment from a player or piece of the actual stadium (seat or sign and so forth)

as for the future of ticket collecting.......i think its only going to get bigger more people will hop on this bandwagon and if you got into the hobby early enough and were able to amass and nice collection of old tickets old i mean anything from the 80s (30 years old now) or older the more collectors that come into this hobby the harder its going to get to find the OLDER tickets which will make the ticket only increase in value. most new tickets are now being print on printers and scanned at events and hard copies of the ticket (an actual ticket you would take to the stadium and get ripped) are also being scanned and not ripped so are more abundant and easier to find.

hope this info helps any new or old ticket collectors that might have had a different view of the hobby. >>

Went to your site. Saw a 2004 Frozen Four program for $75 and that was all I needed to see.
  • Options

<< <i>It's been a couple of years since i've posted on the CU boards.
    Fast forward 2013 i'm getting the itch for vintage baseball tickets, mostly stubs from the 50's and earlier.

I've done my searches for past threads on "tickets".
    Doesnt seem like many are interested?

I've been somewhat in tune with the eBay market for vintage baseball Tickets since 2012.
    Tickets have so much appeal when it comes to the cost vs rarity equation, seemingly more scarce than cards of the same era.

What knowledge do some of you have regarding vintage ticket stubs?
    Are they really as scarce as they seem or has the market not opened the doors for hidden collections.

Have the major auction houses and eBay market seen the majority of the ticket collections, is there enough historic sales data to support a real "price guide".

Another question I had without a thorough answer was if tickets were more appealing (higher value) if the seating/section were in higher tiered prices vs "bleacher" seats.

I'm glad to be back talking about collecting! >>

Yes Tickets ARE WAY MORE SCARCE then Cards i would say of ANY era Cards are Mass produced 100,000's in any era while tickets are not... stadiums only produce as many tickets as there are seats at the most stadiums hold 100,000 while the average is about 50,000

to your question are the as scarce as they seem to be. i would have to say Yes and no. i really think the ticket collecting hobby is in its infancy and will only get bigger. i do think there are some hidden treasure still to be found when talking about tickets up in attics (scrapbooks ore in junk draws around the world) but i do believe that the older tickets are scarce no matter what again if someone is going to sell something the first place they go is EBAY and if you check for a certain ticket and there is only 1 or 2 or none it means one of 2 things that ticket is locked up in ticket collectors collections or its rare and scarce

as for price guide no there is not a "real Price" guide but that's the best thing about ticket collecting i think because there is NO real price guide unlike cards and other types of memorabilia (autographs and such) you can ask whatever price you want (well technically you can ask what every price you want too because again all price guides say that there NOT definite prices they just guides to go by when pricing your items. i mean you can do completed searches on ebay to get a someone what value but now a days you cant go by auctions because there a dying bread your lucky if you get 1 or 2 bids when 10-15 years ago you were guaranteed to get 10-20 bids for the same item and that means it sold for at auction 10x higher now a days when you do a completed sold search the only true gauge of value/worth is by what the item sold for using BIN (buy it now NOT auctions) This goes for ANY category on ebay......this is fact that Auctions are dead (only good for collectors looking for steals or dealers That use BIN to get inventory to resell) why wold ebay be giving away thousands of auctions now.. seems like every other week if auctions were doing SO good. again auctions are dead and not a real gauge to go by the real gauge is what the same item sold for using BIN

i think that the further you go back in years there are SCARCE tickets because the further you back in time the less likely fans that went to an event were likely to hold on to there tickets most went into the trash. i do believe ticket collecting will keep growing and collectors will see how fun it is and for those who do collect as in investment For the future (instead of the stockmarket) and there are MANY collectors out there in all the different genres that they will see tickets will HOLD alot more value then cards, autographs and other sports memorabilia. but for now enjoy finding the old treasures because once more and more collectors come into the hobby of ticket collecting those old treasures are going to be hard to find based on supply and demand (depending on what tickets you collect and need)

Buy Sell And Trade at
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

There site is a mess!

hope this info helps any new or old ticket collectors that might have had a different view of the hobby. >>

Went to your site. Saw a 2004 Frozen Four program for $75 and that was all I needed to see. >>

Yeah when its rare and scarce that price suits its availability and By that comment tells me your looking for something for nothing......you can find that on ebay!
    Buy Sell And Trade at
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    I collect full tickets and ticket stubs that are not worth anything. They are all from the events that I attend. image
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options

<< <i>I collect full tickets and ticket stubs that are not worth anything. They are all from the events that I attend. image >>

well They do have some value.... sentimental value to you because you actually attended the games. im sure someone else that attended that same game might value the ticket just as you (sentimental value)

right now the ticket collection im proud of the most is my world series ticket collection i have one ticket from every world series from 1920 thru 2013 out of those tickets i have 20 signed by the world series MVPS im actively looking for any prior t0 1919
    Buy Sell And Trade at
  • Options

<< <i>right now the ticket collection im proud of the most is my world series ticket collection i have one ticket from every world series from 1920 thru 2013 out of those tickets i have 20 signed by the world series MVPS im actively looking for any prior t0 1919 >>

That is awesome. I would be proud of that collection as well.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>right now the ticket collection im proud of the most is my world series ticket collection i have one ticket from every world series from 1920 thru 2013 out of those tickets i have 20 signed by the world series MVPS im actively looking for any prior t0 1919 >>

That is awesome. I would be proud of that collection as well. >>

Thanks appreciate the compliment....I Just hope my daughter and son will appreciate as much as i do when i hand it down to them. my daughter is 14 and starting to realize the History you hold in your hands when holding an older ticket (like when the Jackie Robinson movie came out she was all interested in Jackie Robinson and i told her check this this out and pulled out my 1947 world series ticket and let her hold it and she said so its one of your world series tickets i replied yeah but it was Jackies first world series he ever played in...then she understood what she was holding in her hands)
    Buy Sell And Trade at
  • Options
    Very cool.
  • Options

<< <i>Very cool. >>

thanks! by the way love that quote you have up! the rocky movies are my favorites!
    Buy Sell And Trade at
  • Options
    I like to proactively collect, tracking upcoming achievements and looking for tickets from people online
  • Options

<< <i>I like to proactively collect, tracking upcoming achievements and looking for tickets from people online >>

I do the same for current milestones but past milestones (depending on how far back you go and the milestone) are still very hard to come by and if you do come by them consider yourself very lucky. as for current milestones Unfortunately the way baseball is these days we wont see another 300 winner or 3000 strikeouts (if you go on mlb.com milestone tracker nothing even comes up for Wins and for strikeouts the closest players are CC Sabathia and Colon) for while... as well as 3000 hits (closest right now is Ichro and Soriano) the next closest to those 2 is 1500 hits... Home Runs (the closest to 500 are Konerko Dunn and Soriano) if you think about how pathetic that is in a 5 year span (2006-2011) we had biggio and jeter reach 3000 hits we had Glavine and Johnson reach 300 wins and Martinez schilling and Smoltz Reach 3000 k's as well as 500 and 600 home run milestones that were reach in that 5 year span....now we are going to have to wait years till we get to have a chance to get another ticket from a current milestone (only 500 homerun is a possility but with kornerko retiring after this season there goes another milestone chance) we can track now... we still will have a chance to get No hitters or perfect games or games in which a player got a cycle or 20 strikeouts in a game or 4 home runs in a game or 2 grand slams in a game or an unassisted triple play but those milestones i have mention (besides no hitters perfect games and hitting for the cycle) in 100 plus years of baseball have only happen a handful of times and are VERY rare
    Buy Sell And Trade at
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah when its rare and scarce that price suits its availability and By that comment tells me your looking for something for nothing......you can find that on ebay! >>

And by that comment, I can tell why I've never heard of your site despite collecting vintage football tickets for a few years now.

Snorto~
  • Options

<< <i>Yes Tickets ARE WAY MORE SCARCE then Cards >>

... and far less collected. It's that side of the supply/demand equation than keeps most tickets surprisingly cheap.

No complaints from me as I've been able to pick up many full tickets (even rarer than ticket stubs) from the 60's & 70's for less than $10 delivered.

Snorto~
  • Options

<< <i>

... and far less collected. It's that side of the supply/demand equation than keeps most tickets surprisingly cheap.

No complaints from me as I've been able to pick up many full tickets (even rarer than ticket stubs) from the 60's & 70's for less than $10 delivered.

Snorto~ >>

and you probably picked them up from sellers or collectors that either didn't know what they had or didn't really care what they got for them Doesn't mean there worth $10 delivered... so don't be boastful your lucky you found rare full unused tickets especially from the 60's and 70's for uner $10 my hats off (you must have patience which alot of collectors don't) and about supply and demand i have to disagree with you tickets ARE less collected but NOT by far and its only picking up steam (More collectors coming into this hobby and i only see it Growing even bigger) and they are also not massed produced like cards and other piece of memorabilia so even if tickets are less collected then cards once you get into 92' and older there are not as many floating around like the newer tickets so yes supply with new tickets and demand there easier to obtain if you really search for them or have the patience to wait to find one at your price point but the supply and demand theory for older vintage tickets doesn't work it might with Newer tickets (95 and newer tickets that are not ripped at the gate) but not with older vintage ones. again must vintage tickets 92 and older (depends on what your looking for) most world series & super bowls Tickets (the most popular tickets collected) might have 5 to 10 listed at the most (sometimes even less then 5 listed at any one time) that's a lot less then if you do a search for someones rookie card! again we have to agree to disagree because to me as a collector seeing 5 or less of a ticket stub on a WORLD wide site (people forget ebay is world wide site not just the United States) Thats pretty rare 5 listed world wide! i don't care if there is less people collecting tickets then cards im sure there are MORE then 5 collectors wanting that ticket. also unlike anything besides a piece of equipment by a player or piece of the stadium like a seat or sign and so forth a ticket full or stub is the next closest thing you can get to having a piece of the actual event YOU cant say that for cards and that is what separates cards from tickets by far! and the best thing about tickets and programs there is no "REAL" price guide you can decided what price your willing to pay but that doesn't mean if the price a seller or collector is wanting is more then what your willing to pay Doesn't mean its NOT worth it It Might be worth it to that seller or collector and you just move on and find it somewhere else and if it is truly rare and scarce you probably wont be able to find it elsewhere or you might be waiting or looking for quite some time (depending on the ticket or program your looking for) but i do agree there are more Card collectors then Ticket collectors (only because card collecting has been around for a MUCH longer time) im glad we can agree to disagree lol
    Buy Sell And Trade at
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

There site is a mess!

Went to your site. Saw a 2004 Frozen Four program for $75 and that was all I needed to see. >>

Yeah when its rare and scarce that price suits its availability and By that comment tells me your looking for something for nothing......you can find that on ebay! >>

I can also find that program for less than half of what you are asking on eBay.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Snorto~ >>

and you probably picked them up from sellers or collectors that either didn't know what they had or didn't really care what they got for them Doesn't mean there worth $10 delivered... so don't be boastful your lucky you found rare full unused tickets especially from the 60's and 70's for uner $10 my hats off (you must have patience which alot of collectors don't) and about supply and demand i have to disagree with you tickets ARE less collected but NOT by far and its only picking up steam (More collectors coming into this hobby and i only see it Growing even bigger) and they are also not massed produced like cards and other piece of memorabilia so even if tickets are less collected then cards once you get into 92' and older there are not as many floating around like the newer tickets so yes supply with new tickets and demand there easier to obtain if you really search for them or have the patience to wait to find one at your price point but the supply and demand theory for older vintage tickets doesn't work it might with Newer tickets (95 and newer tickets that are not ripped at the gate) but not with older vintage ones. again must vintage tickets 92 and older (depends on what your looking for) most world series & super bowls Tickets (the most popular tickets collected) might have 5 to 10 listed at the most (sometimes even less then 5 listed at any one time) that's a lot less then if you do a search for someones rookie card! again we have to agree to disagree because to me as a collector seeing 5 or less of a ticket stub on a WORLD wide site (people forget ebay is world wide site not just the United States) Thats pretty rare 5 listed world wide! i don't care if there is less people collecting tickets then cards im sure there are MORE then 5 collectors wanting that ticket. also unlike anything besides a piece of equipment by a player or piece of the stadium like a seat or sign and so forth a ticket full or stub is the next closest thing you can get to having a piece of the actual event YOU cant say that for cards and that is what separates cards from tickets by far! and the best thing about tickets and programs there is no "REAL" price guide you can decided what price your willing to pay but that doesn't mean if the price a seller or collector is wanting is more then what your willing to pay Doesn't mean its NOT worth it It Might be worth it to that seller or collector and you just move on and find it somewhere else and if it is truly rare and scarce you probably wont be able to find it elsewhere or you might be waiting or looking for quite some time (depending on the ticket or program your looking for) but i do agree there are more Card collectors then Ticket collectors (only because card collecting has been around for a MUCH longer time) im glad we can agree to disagree lol >>

That is one massive run on sentence.
  • Options
    I can also find that program for less than half of what you are asking on eBay. >>

And your point is? yeah 1 listed WORLD WIDE that's really abundant! Just because someone has it for $27 doesn't mean that's whats it worth.......if he doesn't realize what a rare item he has and doesn't care what price he gets and wants to give it away more power to him, doesn't mean i have to do the same if i know how rare and scarce the item is and it doesn't mean you have to hate on others selling the same thing and you don't like there price.......
    Buy Sell And Trade at
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I can also find that program for less than half of what you are asking on eBay. >>

And your point is? yeah 1 listed WORLD WIDE that's really abundant! Just because someone has it for $27 doesn't mean that's whats it worth.......if he doesn't realize what a rare item he has and doesn't care what price he gets and wants to give it away more power to him, doesn't mean i have to do the same if i know how rare and scarce the item is and it doesn't mean you have to hate on others selling the same thing and you don't like there price....... >>

Not sure how long the auction has been up, but it didn't sell for $32 and now it hasn't sold for $27. I don't think the seller is "giving it away", especially since no one has yet realized how great of a bargain it is. I'm not sure why you don't buy it for $27 since you can turn around and sell it for $75.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I can also find that program for less than half of what you are asking on eBay. >>

And your point is? yeah 1 listed WORLD WIDE that's really abundant! Just because someone has it for $27 doesn't mean that's whats it worth.......if he doesn't realize what a rare item he has and doesn't care what price he gets and wants to give it away more power to him, doesn't mean i have to do the same if i know how rare and scarce the item is and it doesn't mean you have to hate on others selling the same thing and you don't like there price....... >>

Not sure how long the auction has been up, but it didn't sell for $32 and now it hasn't sold for $27. I don't think the seller is "giving it away", especially since no one has yet realized how great of a bargain it is. I'm not sure why you don't buy it for $27 since you can turn around and sell it for $75. >>

I am definatly thinking about! as well as the other frozen four programs that seller has listed!
    Buy Sell And Trade at
  • Options
    What the heck happened to my topic. Leave cu for a few months and now this image