Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

This is being opened today

Due to the combination of that fantastic Jeter commercial, the fact that this is his last week coming up, and that since having this box have been very worried the cards will be stuck together, it's time. Seeking advice on how to deal with the cards if they are stuck together and also how best to open the packs. I have a tendency to bend corners with that. Scissor cut tops I gather. This was 650 a while back. Am ready for disappointment but thinking positive !

Will post pics

Comments

• Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    Nice! Good luck. That card needs more 10s.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    Good luck getting the Jeter 10. Please post pics when you rip it.

Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona.

-George F. Will
  • Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Good luck getting the Jeter 10. Please post pics when you rip it. >>

Ditto! We need to live vicariously through you tonight.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    I've heard freezer is your best bet when they stick together. Good Luck!
  • Options
    Besides the commons of course here are the first three pack results.

Regarding the Jeff Conine card, is he while in a legit game, actually going so far as to 'touch knees' with the healthy backstrap bra'd, need to hold them up with right arm, very identifiable butt implant folds, glamorous Kim Kardishian ?

• Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    this should be fun to watch
  • Options
    The next three packs 'best of' are below. Regarding the Mickey Tettleton card, if there had ever been a Topps Mantle card showing that great just bashed dinger picture, would have been impressed. There isn't a Topps Mantle card that excites. Mantle cards basically suck. The Strawberry ? That swing was best ever. Unfortunate for the dope.

These SP cards look bad in the scans. I noticed that on ebay items too. The cards do not look like the fuzzy graining pics. I'd bet Jeter rooks for sale lose money because of this situation.

• Options
    Damon 1993 SP RC Mint 9 = $10 (Damon stats 9,726 AB's, 2769 Hits, 235 HR, 408 SB's, .284 BA, .352 OBp, .433 SLG)
    Jeter 1993 SP RC Mint 9 = $1500 (Jeter stats 11,165 AB's, 3455 Hits, 260 HR, 357 SB's, .309 BA, .377 OBp, .439 SLG)

I'm not buying the x150 premium.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Damon 1993 SP RC Mint 9 = $10 (Damon stats 9,726 AB's, 2769 Hits, 235 HR, 408 SB's, .284 BA, .352 OBp, .433 SLG)
    Jeter 1993 SP RC Mint 9 = $1500 (Jeter stats 11,165 AB's, 3455 Hits, 260 HR, 357 SB's, .309 BA, .377 OBp, .439 SLG)

I'm not buying the x150 premium. >>

Jeter at SS and Damon at OF/DH is the most significant difference there between these two, though.

That, and the Yankees thing, lol..

OPS+ 115 for Jeter and 104 for Damon.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I'm pulling for Jeters in this box though.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This brings back memories!

I was stationed at Ft Hamilton, NY and me and my son went to a shop right outside the base. He bought 2 packs and pulled this card - I hadn't seen "condition sensitive" card like this very often!

And this card went right from the pack to a top loader.

Good luck on the box rip!

edit: the scratch by his foot that looks like a "T" is in the scanner.
    Mike
  • Options
    Next three pack 'highlights'

Yep, that is McGwire catching a Canseco pitched fastball and John Kruk hit it. NO joke I swear I was there to witness this.

What in the ? I have a slight issue with this card. Front/back pictured.

imageimage
  • Options
    Hoping to see a flawless Jetes in this rip.....bring it on home AZDBZN
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    The top 2 on the top pic here. What are we actually supposed to do with this ? No one has explained this yet fully.

This person ? He just needs to shut his pie hole as for a few seconds, slanted light view, it was IT.

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Besides the commons of course here are the first three pack results.

Regarding the Jeff Conine card, is he while in a legit game, actually going so far as to 'touch knees' with the healthy backstrap bra'd, need to hold them up with right arm, very identifiable butt implant folds, glamorous Kim Kardishian ? >>

I feel like I'm in need of Google translator.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

From what I understand?

It was spring training and it appears Gwynn donned the uni of a minor leaguer - Tracy Sanders who may have been brought up for a look see?
    Mike
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Besides the commons of course here are the first three pack results.

Regarding the Jeff Conine card, is he while in a legit game, actually going so far as to 'touch knees' with the healthy backstrap bra'd, need to hold them up with right arm, very identifiable butt implant folds, glamorous Kim Kardishian ? >>

I feel like I'm in need of Google translator. >>

Me too
    I finally gave up rereading each statement three times and just looked at the pictures.
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Regarding the Jeff Conine card, is he while in a legit game, actually going so far as to 'touch knees' with the healthy backstrap bra'd, need to hold them up with right arm, very identifiable butt implant folds, glamorous Kim Kardishian ?

Salvia and cards don't mix. :-)
  • Options
    Agreed, that was starting to go down hill last night image The other half of box to be opened today, with less saliva.
  • Options
    Well might actually have to start the shots and beer chasers again before opening the last 6 packs later. Results of next 6 packs below along with an excellent action shot card of Brian McRae

• Options
    Some times when you swing for the fences, you whiff. Such is the case here. Not even a standard Jeter. Damn Yankees.

• Options
    You should get 1-2 jeters
    I busted a box last year and pulled 2
    Both 8's. The bottom corners are notoriously dinged coming out of pack. I think it's a production thing more than anything else. I pulled gem chippers and some others.
    Hope you pull one. Good luck.
  • Options

<< <i>You should get 1-2 jeters
    I busted a box last year and pulled 2
    Both 8's. The bottom corners are notoriously dinged coming out of pack. I think it's a production thing more than anything else. I pulled gem chippers and some others.
    Hope you pull one. Good luck. >>

290 cards in the set.
    288 cards per box.

Almost every box should have a Jeter, assuming perfect collation.

Clearly you should NOT get "1-2" Jeters.

Some boxes will have none, some boxes will have one, some boxes will have two. Depending on collation, it could be more in some boxes with a corresponding increase in the number of boxes that have none.

Not sure if it's ignorance, or just dealer bs to help push sales, but every so often on online forums, someone grossly overstates the odds of pulling key cards. It's worse with modern, but I notice it often enough here as well.