Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Bidding Scheduler Problems?

Is anyone else having problems with Bidding Scheduler today? I keep getting error messages. It even asked me to enter a security code for eBay and still wouldn't accept the bid.

Comments

• BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is anyone else having problems with Bidding Scheduler today? I keep getting error messages. It even asked me to enter a security code for eBay and still wouldn't accept the bid. >>

eBay has initiated phase 1 in their paid sniping service: kill the competition.

Every major sniping service has had major failures over the course of the last 7 days...I lost out on a white whale (selling for $1.05 nonetheless) last weekend because of it.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I have had a lot of problems today with it, for the first time ever. Please tell me this isn't eBay's doing!
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
    Be aware - I just missed out on scheduled bids after getting those error messages today! It cost me several hundred dollars in value, and about five cards I have been trying to find for over a decade!
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • WinkWink Posts: 103 ✭✭
    My bid wasn't even submitted and it was easily the winner....
    Yup, me too. My snipes were more than double the close on three different lots. I am very upset.
  • I also had issues tonight.
  • bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭
    If I was going to list auctions on eBay this probably wouldn't be the best time to do it.
    But this maybe a good time to get some good deals on cards before everyone find out
    what is going on.

James
  • mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭
    Getting this message on justsnipe.com missed out on a card I wanted due to bid error. No problems with ebay?

•You have a security image CAPTCHA that needs to be manually entered when signing in to ebay account

This error may cause missing snipe or delayed the bidding process.

Please sign in to eBay to check any warning message
    Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Every major sniping service is crumbling; this is eBay. Be ready for a $10 a month service fee to snipe using an eBay service.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    I know how to tell if your bids might work in the next few hours with biddingscheduler. Just check your watch list on there, not ebay and if it says you are not watching anything you are not good but if it says your bids are set up you should be good(I hope). I missed out on a ton of stuff that I wanted last week. If you really want something badly set up your snipe and bid on ebay at the last few seconds also just in case.
  • addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Same here, my auctions stunk last night and the four bids I set did not go threw. I'm bummed out.image
  • KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was watching a BGS 9.5 Kris Bryant last night which always sells for $500+, and was surprised to get it for $420! Thanks Ebay.
  • WinkWink Posts: 103 ✭✭
    From Bidscheduler this A.M. Sorry you had a problem. The site is working again, but it seems that eBay will require a security code randomly for a short time.

I am working to prevent this and have been trying to setup the error messages to better handle this if/when it happen again.

Sorry for any trouble this has made for you
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    I had a problem w/ bidding scheduler last week when my snipe didn't register and the item (PSA Old London coin) went for less to another bidder then my snipe.
    When the auction ended, it was listed as "Security measure" - never saw that before so I contacted them & was told it was a freak issue & the situation is resolved.
    Interesting that others had the same issue a few days later, not sure if my situation is corrected for me as I had no snipes set since.
    Although I did win a cheap PSA boxing card last night and sniped the lot myself within a minute of it ending. just like the old days prior to the sniping services.

• yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Another reason to hate Ebay!
  • This isn't the first time eBay made changes that mucked up snipe utilities. I've used Gixen for years and the only times it has failed me are when eBay made changes. The only good time for snipe programs to fail is when you have no snipes set. image

I'm surprised eBay hasn't found a way to cash in on sniping... either by offering their own fee based snipe utility while blocking the competition or by charging a fee to snipe utility manufacturers for the privileged.

Snorto~
  • recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Biddingscheduler is not working.
    Yup, again. Stopped working in the middle of the day today.
  • skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    A few days ago my snipe did not go through for a nice, clean raw rookie which I would have easily won. Yesterday my snipe went through just fine. Hmm.
  • lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭

ezsniper has never let me down in 10 years

• dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

At first I was getting upset, then I realized this thread is 3 years old.

The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases