Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

I would like some opinions on this.

I have several older coins that have a reddish/coppery look to them. They are supposed to be silver, so I am assuming they are probably not. But, I am starting to doubt that assumption when I see coins like this (and several others that have a similar look). What do you guys think about this coin or any silver coin, in general, that has this look?

Linky

Edited to add:

Thank you, in advance, for any responses.

Comments

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    could be a number of things

but overall the coin looks good

2003-present

**1997-present **

• Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Looking at someone else's coin can't possibly help us tell you anything about YOUR Coins. Sorryimage
  • Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just my impression, but this looks to be a very nice piece and every bit of a vf-20 to me. I do not really see the reddish/coppery look you are describing.

Tom

• Options
    MrBreezeMrBreeze Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    I am not asking about my coins. I am asking, in general, if you have seen a great deal of coins that are legit that seem "off" in appearance.
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks like a coin which was stored(toned) for many years in the old manila flips and many collectors,including myself love that type of toning!
  • Options
    olmanjonolmanjon Posts: 1,187
    On my screen I see the redish blush that you are refering to. I have always wondered about that myself. I have several large silver coins myself, from norway, that have that toning and wondered if they were conterfeit or something. I am glad to know that judging by what has been said here that they are real. Good question to ask this forum. It seems lately that we have been focusing on the ancients. Nice to look at but I am really not into them.
    Olmanjon
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py