Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Baseball Silver proofs on the rise ?

Just saw one sell for $207. A fluke ? or worth waiting ?
Positive BST deals with: Mikes Coins, CED3838, MBCoin. 100% positive eBay feedback {AMF64}

Comments

• Options
    rkprkp Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    Possibly legitimate sale price indicative of current demand. However, when the floodgates open in June/July, I think you will see these drop to $75-$100 range. Just my thoughts.

Thanks
  • Options
    AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just my thoughts.

Thanks >>

Supported by years of observation.
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • Options
    TFTF Posts: 86

<< <i>Possibly legitimate sale price indicative of current demand. However, when the floodgates open in June/July, I think you will see these drop to $75-$100 range. Just my thoughts.

Thanks >>

I should have clarified, it was on ebay, looked legit to me..
    Positive BST deals with: Mikes Coins, CED3838, MBCoin. 100% positive eBay feedback {AMF64}
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take a wider look at the prices. PCGS PR70 FS have been trending down of late. They have been going for $200 +- a few bucks on Ebay...
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    I still haven't got mine from the mint.image
    Paul
  • Options
    bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    It's usually the sign of a top in the market when I buy something, but I bought a PCGS PR70 $1 on Ebay last night for $204.

I've got a sealed box of two proofs that are First Strike eligible, but most of the posts I've seen on the "HOF results" page show that the proof $1 is the hardest for someone like me to get in 70, so I'll keep the box for a little while, or maybe sell it.

• Options
    TFTF Posts: 86
    This was a un-graded proof on a 5 day auction, saw a few up in the $170's but this was the first non graded I saw go over 200
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Possibly legitimate sale price indicative of current demand. However, when the floodgates open in June/July, I think you will see these drop to $75-$100 range. Just my thoughts.

Thanks >>

I kinda agree but I think $130-150 would be more appropriate. I do see them starting back up from there after the dust settles
  • Options
    The signed Cassie models are going anywhere from $255 to $325. Don't understand the range.
    Let's try not to get upset.
  • Options
    eddiegoeddiego Posts: 101
    The same thing is going to happen to the baseball coin that happened to the 2001 American buffalo.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file