Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New baseball coin (should this be posted on the coin board?)

Comments

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>And it's curved! >>

No it's a good post, they have been discussing it for weeks over there.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in for one of each!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I will assume these will not work in vending machines....
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    That's pretty cool looking. I may pick up a couple when they come out.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    So from who would one buy these from? The mint, bank or what? I've seen companies sell them through magazine ads but those are just gold plated regular coins.
  • Options

<< <i>So from who would one buy these from? The mint, bank or what? I've seen companies sell them through magazine ads but those are just gold plated regular coins. >>

US Mint Site

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Tim,

What is better to get a proof or uncirculated coin?

Tony
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Here's a photo with a side profile. I've read several articles about this "curved" coin, but this is the first photo I've found that shows it in a way that really lets you see the curvature.

• Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I will assume these will not work in vending machines.... >>

There will be new machines for these produced under the Obama Vending Machine Act.
    But if you like your old vending machine, you can keep it
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I will assume these will not work in vending machines.... >>

There will be new machines for these produced under the Obama Vending Machine Act.
    But if you like your old vending machine, you can keep it >>

Then you can't.......BUT wait..... mid terms.....you can keep it again! I think?

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • Options
    These go on sale in 10 minutes. With no ordering limit and capped mintage of 50k for the $5 gold piece, this is expected to be a quick sellout. Anyone here ordering any?

• Options

<< <i>Tim,

What is better to get a proof or uncirculated coin?

Tony >>

Tony,

I prefer the proof version, personally, as it is more striking in appearance and just a few dollars more.

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Estimated wait time is 1 hour 42 minutes. image

You coin guys are out of control. It is worse than BBCE putting 70's unopened product on its sight. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

<< <i>Estimated wait time is 1 hour 42 minutes. image

You coin guys are out of control. It is worse than BBCE putting 70's unopened product on its sight. image >>

Lol! I just got order confirmation. Ordered two of gold proofs and silver proofs and uncs. Looking like a quick sellout.

• Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    I placed my order via phone at 12:11 - ordered 1 of each coin in Proof. I also agree that this will be a quick sellout for the gold coin.
    I have a feeling the Unc version of the gold coin will ultimately be the more rare version but the proof coin looks awesome.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    I am hearing that the gold coin has already sold out. That was quick!

• Options

<< <i>I am hearing that the gold coin has already sold out. That was quick! >>

Wow!!!!

• Options
    I'm waiting too. Probably too late.

How much is everything Tim? proofs, etc.....

Should I just call. I have not clue how to buy this Stuff!!
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    I only see the silver coins. How do I check to see if the gold is indeed sold out?
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Rumor is gold is sold out but not sure.

Gold pieces are $430 and silvers are about $50.

• Options
    What a horrible website the us mint has. I'm getting nowhere with ordering.

Looks like it is after market for me.

aconte
  • Options
    custom352custom352 Posts: 107 ✭✭
    The gold coin was still available 15 min ago. There is a waiting queue to use the website, and it is still very sluggish.
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    I think I got my order in for some of the silver coins it does say back ordered until 6/15/14 though on my invoice?? Cool looking item though for sure.
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    Just got in with a 3 minute wait. Looks like the gold coins are still available.
  • Options
    Word is that orders are going through but won't be fulfilled and will get canceled. This has happened to me in the past when the Mint software takes on more orders than they are able to fulfill. Doesn't hurt to try though.

• Options
    AC000000AC000000 Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    I "ordered" a $5 gold proof and silver dollar proof. Gold backordered till 4/11 and silver till 6/15. Guess I'll just wait and see what, if anything, shows up. But the free bag is in stock.

But I agree, the Mint website s-kucks big time. Have to manure around to get to the BB coins. And then possibility of accepting orders and of course the $ for $ they may not have.

• Options
    There is already one for sale on eBay...

5 Dollar Proof Gold on eBay

• Options
    Mint just posted on site it is a sellout. Record time.

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    So a year from now, how much will these be selling for? 20 years from now? Way too gimmicky for my taste.
  • Options

<< <i>So a year from now, how much will these be selling for? 20 years from now? Way too gimmicky for my taste. >>

Although I'm sure prices will spike to crazy levels in the near term, I think this issue will retain popularity over the long term, too. I've been buying issues from the Mint for years now and any issue that sells out this quick is a lock to retain value as long as the mintage remains capped, which it will. I don't really think it is a gimmicky coin--the curvature is definitely different but it fits within the theme of the issue and what it represents, imo. If/when gold recoups some of its recent losses, it will gain even more value, though the value of this piece is not really tied to its intrinsic metal value.

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I ordered at around 3 pm EST, 1 of each, gold states 4 -11 delivery, silver 7 -1.

Hopefully they limit those that ordered massive amounts and do the right thing...

50k mintage for gold is way low.

Considering that it's for 2 issues and we should have a real winner here.

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Coin Guys TRYING to be funny! image >>

A few of those are actually quite clever, LOL..

• Options
    I received the Hall of Fame coins today. Very impressed with the silver dollar. Very nice looking coins. Here are some quick phone picks.