Home U.S. Coin Forum

Camden, SC Coin Show update

MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
Are any boardmembers going to attend the Camden, SC Coin Show this Saturday? If so, let me know. I will be there promoting the National Battlefield Coin Show in Gettysburg.

Link to information for the show.
Thanksgiving National Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024 at the Eisenhower Allstar Sportsplex, Gettysburg, PA. Tables are available. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com

Comments

• MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are going, please send me an e-mail at: mike@dixonshows.com
    Thanksgiving National Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024 at the Eisenhower Allstar Sportsplex, Gettysburg, PA. Tables are available. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • rkfishrkfish Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    Hey MD,

You going to be a tad far from home?image I'm about an hour away but Saturdays can be a busy day in the shop so I won't make it.image

Get there early as my previous experience is it's busy from 7-8am until noon or a little after and then it empties quickly.image
    Steve

Check out my PQ selection of Morgan & Peace Dollars, and more at:
    WWW.PQDOLLARS.COM or WWW.GILBERTCOINS.COM
  • csdotcsdot Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    I stopped by, with money in my pocket, but couldn't find anything I wanted. There were probably 15 dealers, but the majority were only selling raw coins or entry level items. Of the few slabbed coins, a large majority were unremarkable and in common grades. Some dealers were selling PMs, but I am not in that market at the moment, so I don't pay attention to the prices. I did notice common Peace and Morgan dollars for $23.00. The only coin I asked about during the 45 minutes I was there was a White slab NGC certified Reverse Buffalo in MS70. The dealer wanted $2950 OBO.

Other than the merchandise being tailored for a different level of collector, the dealers and host club members were polite and the show was otherwise fine.
    I had a great time at the show, which was 488 miles from home, but it was worth the drive. Like csdot said, there was mainly raw coins and it took me back to the old days prior to slabs. I bought a toned Peace and a toned Morgan. But...my prize was the food stamp plastic script. I'll post pics tomorrow, they are in denominations of 1c, 5c, 10c, 25c and 50c. Also, I bought a copper cent bracelet which was interesting. I didn't go to buy, but to promote the National Battlefield Coin Show in Gettysburg, PA. The dealers were surprised I went that far, but I think it will pay off in the long run. And....yes, I joined the Camden, SC Coin Club.

The highlight was meeting Flatwoods off the boards. Super guy and I didn't realize the medals he collected until he showed pics to me.
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Camden is a cool town. My granny lives in Bethune. One of these days one of my visits to her just might coincide with this show
    I have one set from the P & P Discount on 430 Blvd Rd and one from the store on 301 Manning Avenue.
  • FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well! I had no idea I'd edge out the food stamp scrip but I'm honored.
    It was a pleasure meeting you as well. Always nice to meet people from our little cyber world here.
  • CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭
    Pretty cool tokens.....

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• rkfishrkfish Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    it's a cool little town full of history......

and it was good to see Flatwoods again who was kind enough to stop by the shop and visit on his way back out of town.image
    Steve

Check out my PQ selection of Morgan & Peace Dollars, and more at:
    WWW.PQDOLLARS.COM or WWW.GILBERTCOINS.COM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file