Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Official 2014 BBCE PSA Group Break #1....Break is now closed. TIME TO PAY!!!!!

123457»

Comments

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I didn't know the '83 Michigan boxes are longer than the standard issue. >>

I am sorry to inform you that your unopened collector privileges have been revoked, even Tim knows about this and he doesn't even collect the 80's although you wouldn't know that from his recent activity. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

<< <i>That 78 Parish is a great card! >>

+1 it looks dead center.

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Haven't received mine yet (Northern California) - anyone else still waiting?

"Molon Labe"

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>That 78 Parish is a great card! >>

+1 it looks dead center. >>

Is that his RC?
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Haven't received mine yet (Northern California) - anyone else still waiting? >>

Got mine yesterday (CA)
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I didn't know the '83 Michigan boxes are longer than the standard issue. >>

I am sorry to inform you that your unopened collector privileges have been revoked, even Tim knows about this and he doesn't even collect the 80's although you wouldn't know that from his recent activity. image >>

Mike, I shouldn't be the target of this emotional outburst. I understand your frustration with Tim creeping half way into the 80s. But is that really the issue here? We haven't seen your promised donruss rip yet. Those poor racks are going to cease to exist with the flying cello shards on your hands. Please don't take that guilt out on me.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I am sorry to inform you that your unopened collector privileges have been revoked, even Tim knows about this and he doesn't even collect the 80's although you wouldn't know that from his recent activity. image >>

Mike, I shouldn't be the target of this emotional outburst. I understand your frustration with Tim creeping half way into the 80s. But is that really the issue here? We haven't seen your promised donruss rip yet. Those poor racks are going to cease to exist with the flying cello shards on your hands. Please don't take that guilt out on me. >>

Sorry. image

I actually bought a couple of the 1984 Donruss wax packs to rip. I will post the results here when I get a chance. Doing a lot of running around lately with the kids. Thank goodness for smart phones. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    Got my package yesterday. The life of a CPA on March 11 - I'm still at work and decided I needed a diversion. I opened my SI Greats pack and got a Lenny Moore auto. Hopefully, I can find some time to rip the junk wax I added to my order!
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    Got my 4 packs of '84 FB today. Ripped two of them and as others have said the centering on these were some of the best I've seen for '84 FB. No hits in these two packs though image

Knowing the centering I'll see how long the other two last!

Scott
  • Options
    Finally got my box from BBCE in today....here they are with some add-ons. Thanks again to Cincyredlegs for putting this together. Always a blast. The boxes go in my collection. The rest gets open. Oh! There is a Strawberry on top of the 85 Topps rack, a Henderson on the Donruss rack, and a George Brett on the Fleer cello. But they will all be opened!

• Options
    abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    I received my 3 packs of 88 BSK. Pretty good star power. I got a Bird, Ewing, 2 Malones, and Pippen. No Reggie though! Hopefully next time. Thanks to all involved for setting this up. It's always fun.

Working on the following sets
    1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
    1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
    Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
    June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
    Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
    Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

• Options
    I had a very nice rip with the exception of centering. Everything does not appear good enough for submission with the exception of maybe the 1985 Topps Pete Rose and the 1985 Donruss Cal Ripken. What do you think? Oh...and the 85 Fleer Clemens and Puckett came from one cello pack!!!

• Options
    Group Break results:

1998 Topps Chrome: Nothing of note
    1984 Topps FB: Gave in, only hit the team leaders of Marino and Dickerson. Centering was sweet, I pulled a very nice Largent but it looks to have a wrinkle or something on the surface. Sucks!
    1988 Fleer BK: Keeping sealed, centering is everywhere
    198 Donruss Racks BB: Keeping sealed

Additions:
    Only a pic can explain to you why BBCE is so awesome but I'll describe. I picked up a few 87 Donruss racks which had Barry Larkin on front, Palmeiro on front and another with Maddux on front. Unbelieveable!

1987 Fleer Cello pack: One had Ripken on Front,keeping sealed. Other pack I opened I pulled a Barry Bonds and Will Clark. Not too shabby.
  • Options
    digdugdigdug Posts: 216 ✭✭
    Just opened one of my 84 packs.

Got a Dickerson Elway and green.

Dickerson gum stain perfect centering
    Elway looks perfect except centering off L to R
    Green has a ding about 1/3 way up from bottom right in the middle
  • Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    here is the puckett rc i pulled from the first of the 4 rack packs i received:
    [URL=http://s1020.photobucket.com/user/pjb103183/media/null_zps01031b7b.jpg.html]image[/URL]