Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Amnesty Special?

I know grading is subjective. I know people make mistakes. But my Monday morning mail just delivered another so-so PSA card. Just not up to the given grade - a Peyton Manning-type card, if you will. Anyway, any chance PSA could run an Amnesty Special where you send in your over-graded cards with the understanding that they will be re-holdered at a lower, more 'correct' grade? Free would be nice but I would even pay up to $3 per card. I hate to just shlep off the over-graded cards to some poor soul on eBay. I also hate to give them away knowing that the buyer will simply turn around and..shlep off the over-graded cards to some poor soul on eBay. I figure this helps PSA a bit since it removes inferior product from the marketplace. A crackout and re-sub seems overly expensive and impractical simply to receive a lower grade. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    why ask us? email them and find out.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    cards651cards651 Posts: 665 ✭✭
    A grass-roots clamoring tends to be more effective than a Letter to the Editor....I'm sure the powers-that-be read the boards....
  • Options
    A little bit off topic but I assume you're a Redskins fan. The Boston Globe ran a great story on how the 'Skins got their name. They were originally the football Boston Braves and played at Braves Field (now BU's Nickerson Field). Forced to move to Fenway for non-payment of rent, the owner changed the team name to Redskins. The owner had new Indian-type uniforms and could not have a Braves football team that did not play at Braves Field. So he changed the name to Redskins and played at Fenway. Pretty interesting.

How the 'Skins got there name
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    PSA already does what you're suggesting.

PSA's Financial Guarantee
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    Thanks, digicat. That's interesting. I probably have about 50 cards that fall into this category. How would I 'sub' these? I guess I can check in with PSA and let you know. Thanks again for the link. - Kevin M.
  • Options
    I have a '68 Topps Orr PSA 7 with an ink mark on the reverse that I purchased from a well-known retailer that does not provide scans of the backs of cards (and does not take returns on graded cards). Did not have the heart to stick it to someone on eBay. That puppy is getting a Newport Beach Zip Code slapped on it pretty soon. It's been like a hangnail in my collection....
  • Options

<< <i>PSA already does what you're suggesting.

PSA's Financial Guarantee >>

That right there is another reason that I like this company.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Call PSA's customer service before sending anything back. Tell them what you want to do and they'll give you further instructions.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    Thought of some useless trivia relating to this earlier thread -

The present day Washington Redskins were playing at Fenway Park in the fall of 1934 and 1935
    Globe story
    while Babe Ruth was finishing up over at Braves Field in Spring of 1935....
    Babe Ruth Stats

Always a fine line between trivia and trivial....