Home Sports Talk
Options

Mr MVP should be known as Mr CHOKER

pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
As usual he under performs. He's supposed to be so great.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game is not over yet!
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    The 2013 version of Peyton Manning has officially turned into the 2013 version of Eli Manning. Game isn't technically over but it sure seems like it.

It's easy to pad the offensive stats when your team plays in the conference with no defense.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    How about now, is it over yet?
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭
    Even the commercials stink!
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Maybe if the Broncos walk off the field now and forfeit the rest of the game they'll still leave with some faint trace of their dignity intact. Never mind, beacuse that would imply the Broncos actually showed up in the first place.

This is worse than their 1989 season Super Bowl humiliation. At least they scored a few points in that game.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options

<< <i>How about now, is it over yet? >>

Yep
  • Options
    The safety was a bad snap.The second pick was caused by the Seattle D. Peyton should have tackled Percy Harvin on that kick return for a TD.He also should have recovered Demaryius Thomas fumble......the team got beat at every facet of the game....period...
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The safety was a bad snap.The second pick was caused by the Seattle D. Peyton should have tackled Percy Harvin on that kick return for a TD.He also should have recovered Demaryius Thomas fumble......the team got beat at every facet of the game....period... >>

+1

You can't choke when your team gets destroyed. Denver got their behinds collectively handled to them on both sides of the ball.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    "Peyton should have tackled Percy Harvin on that kick return for a TD" I need to say first of all I did not watch the game.
    But what?? Fox had Peyton on special teams coverage???? image

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Even the commercials stink! >>

I thought the same thing. The Dorritos time machine one made me laugh though.
  • Options

<< <i>

I thought the same thing. The Dorritos time machine one made me laugh though. >>

That was my favorite, as well.

The Budweiser one with the puppy was a nice one, too.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Is this going to turn into another "It's always Romo's fault when they lose debate" Manning is a great quarterback and will go down as one of the best of all time period. Today was definitely not his best game, nor Decker's best game or Moreno's best game or the entire defense's best game. This is football, not golf or tennis. One guy cannot do every single thing required to win on the field.
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    Manning is the greatest quarterback of this generation. He's won a super bowl. So this garbage that he can't win the big game is just that -GARBAGE.

he just ran into a team that had a great game today. Where was this nonsense about underperforming when he was destroying the Patriots?
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>Manning is the greatest quarterback of this generation. He's won a super bowl. So this garbage that he can't win the big game is just that -GARBAGE.

he just ran into a team that had a great game today. Where was this nonsense about underperforming when he was destroying the Patriots? >>

Since when is not holding a lead, and then squeaking by AT HOME destroying someone?
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"Peyton should have tackled Percy Harvin on that kick return for a TD" I need to say first of all I did not watch the game.
    But what?? Fox had Peyton on special teams coverage???? image >>

They were struggling so they put their best player on special teams to try and get a lift.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I thought the same thing. The Dorritos time machine one made me laugh though. >>

That was my favorite, as well.

The Budweiser one with the puppy was a nice one, too. >>

I actually liked the spots for Captain America and 24 the best.
  • Options

<< <i>Manning is the greatest quarterback of this generation. He's won a super bowl. So this garbage that he can't win the big game is just that -GARBAGE.

he just ran into a team that had a great game today. Where was this nonsense about underperforming when he was destroying the Patriots? >>

Why not admit it, he (CHOKES) in a big game.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow... some bitter Patriot fans in here. Manning is still the GOAT.
  • Options

<< <i>

Why not admit it, he (CHOKES) in a big game. >>

Did he choke in the championship game? Did he choke when he won a super bowl?
  • Options
    If Peyton is a choker, what are your thoughts on Dan Marino's career?
  • Options
    With the Patriots playing with less than even a skeleton of a team he should have and did win that game but when he came up against a good team he showed his true colors.
    Dan Marino has nothing to do with Manning being a big mouthed choker.
  • Options

<< <i>With the Patriots playing with less than even a skeleton of a team he should have and did win that game but when he came up against a good team he showed his true colors.
    Dan Marino has nothing to do with Manning being a big mouthed choker. >>

Manning won a super bowl already which destroys this mindless choker talk.
  • Options
    He won one super bowl and has been in the playoffs how many times choking on all those other opportunities. He is not a big game player!
  • Options

<< <i>He won one super bowl and has been in the playoffs how many times choking on all those other opportunities. He is not a big game player! >>

How many playoff games has Brady lost? Didn't he 'choke' when he lost his undefeated season?
  • Options
    How many titles has Brady won since the Pats had to let their videographer go?

• Options

<< <i>How many titles has Brady won since the Pats had to let their videographer go? >>

• Options
    What Brady does has nothing to do with Manning. Everybody loves Manning as one of the 5 best quaterbacks in history. He is a good quarterback yes but not a great quarterback.
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How many titles has Brady won since the Pats had to let their videographer go? >>

LOL. Ouch baby. Post of the thread imo.

My opinion on greatest active QB? Meh. I'm not a huge fan of the Pats but you have to include Brady in that conversation along with Manning. In a few years you might be talking about guys like Kapaernick and Wilson.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

<< <i>What Brady does has nothing to do with Manning. Everybody loves Manning as one of the 5 best quaterbacks in history. He is a good quarterback yes but not a great quarterback. >>

You're missing the point.

You're calling Manning a choker because he faced a superior defense and the defense won. By your definition anyone who loses the super bowl is a choker, despite their previous accomplishments. So by your very definition, if Manning is a choker, so is Brady.

If you don't see Manning as a top 5 all time QB, I'd love to see your list.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was there any chance that Eli was hoping the Bronco's would lose------- even a little bit?

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Manning didnt lose that game, the Broncos lost.

Its not like Manning did something stupid like Favre has done in big games and cost his team
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who here thinks that the only great quarterbacks are those who have won every Superbowl game they played in?

It would be interesting to compile a list of the QBs who have played in and never lost a Superbowl (I will look it up and post the list) and then compare the names on that list with the QB's who have never made it to the Superbowl or have made it to the Superbowl and lost.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What Brady does has nothing to do with Manning. Everybody loves Manning as one of the 5 best quaterbacks in history. He is a good quarterback yes but not a great quarterback. >>

Problem with the top 5 list is that about 10 QB's belong!
  • Options

<< <i>Who here thinks that the only great quarterbacks are those who have won every Superbowl game they played in?
    >>

In multiple SB's……..Starr, Montana and Bradshaw?

MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    That some high standards if anyone outside the top 4 QBs of all time are only considered good....
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Who here thinks that the only great quarterbacks are those who have won every Superbowl game they played in?
    >>

MJ >>

Don't forget the other Manning. image

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

>>

MJ >>

Don't forget the other Manning. image >>

I couldn't type his name with the others. I just couldn'timageimage

MJ
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So here is a list of QB's who played in one or more Super Bowl games and never lost. How do you think the people on this list compare with other QB's who have either never made it to a Super Bowl or have played in one or more Super Bowls but have lost one or more games?

4-0 (Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana);

3-0 (Troy Aikman);

2-0 (Bart Starr, Jim Plunkett and Eli Manning); and

1-0 (Joe Namath, Johnny Unitas, Russel Wilson, Joe Flacco, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Steve Young, Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler, Doug Williams, Phil Simms and Jim McMahon).

Some pretty good QB's who are not on the list include Dan Marino, Rodger Staubach, Bob Griese, Fran Tarkenton, Jim Kelly, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Ben Rothlisberger; Kenny Stabler and John Elway.
  • Options
    I didn't realize that Aikman was 3-0. You would have thunk that Dimeman would have mentioned that image

MJ
  • Options

<< <i>I didn't realize that Aikman was 3-0. You would have thunk that Dimeman would have mentioned that image

MJ >>

Dimeman only posts when Romo loses..