Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Pack grading special

Just wondering if theres any ryhme or reason to the grading specials been hoping for a pack grading special seems like its been awhile.

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just wondering if theres any ryhme or reason to the grading specials been hoping for a pack grading special seems like its been awhile. >>

We are due for one, but the long backlog at present (60 business days in most cases), probably precludes one from being offered in near future. Also, even when they've had a special for packs in last couple of years,. it's been for $12 a pack instead of the old $10 a pack.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ive got close to 100 packs to send in so even a 12 special would save alot of dough
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember, did the previous pack specials have a minimum quantity like they always have with specials on single card grading? If so, how many packs minimum is the average required quantity for pack specials?

• Options

<< <i>I don't remember, did the previous pack specials have a minimum quantity like they always have with specials on single card grading? If so, how many packs minimum is the average required quantity for pack specials? >>

There is no minimum number for quantity, but there is sometimes a maximum for value. But you pay same shipping for 1-9 packs so best to submit a few at least.

PSA is very backed up on pack grading right now, which is why they haven't offered a special in some time (imo). According to BBCE's FB page, Steve just sent back several hundred packs to PSA for holdering.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good, thanks. I've only got about 5 or so to sub.
  • Options
    hmmm whos email can we bombard asking for a pack grading special?
  • Options
    who decides what the monthly specials are anyone know. im trying to figure out whos email to explode image
  • Options
    <<PSA is very backed up on pack grading right now, which is why they haven't offered a special in some time (imo). According to BBCE's FB page, Steve just sent back several hundred packs to PSA for holdering. >>

Nothing against steve I love the man but if steve sending in hundreds of packs to be slabbed is part of the back log seems unfair to the rest of the hobby waiting 60 plus days and if his orders causing a back log is why they wont offer a pack special that really seems unfair to the rest of the pack collectors.

Also it seems a little conflict of interest with steve being the authenticator and sending in tons of packs to be slabbed. remeber when baseball card kid was authenticating for gai and submitting tons of stuff to sell . Im sure steves getting a great deal from psa to slab all them packs

again im not trying to talk bad about steve so dont jump me, hes the greatest thing for our unopened collectors. I just want psa to be fair to all with this pack grading stuff. i dont care if its a 60 day wait we are due for a pack grading special for members
    heck even put 60 day turnaround in the special at least throw us a bone
  • Options

<< <i><<PSA is very backed up on pack grading right now, which is why they haven't offered a special in some time (imo). According to BBCE's FB page, Steve just sent back several hundred packs to PSA for holdering. >>

Nothing against steve I love the man but if steve sending in hundreds of packs to be slabbed is part of the back log seems unfair to the rest of the hobby waiting 60 plus days and if his orders causing a back log is why they wont offer a pack special that really seems unfair to the rest of the pack collectors.

Also it seems a little conflict of interest with steve being the authenticator and sending in tons of packs to be slabbed. remeber when baseball card kid was authenticating for gai and submitting tons of stuff to sell . Im sure steves getting a great deal from psa to slab all them packs

again im not trying to talk bad about steve so dont jump me, hes the greatest thing for our unopened collectors. I just want psa to be fair to all with this pack grading stuff. i dont care if its a 60 day wait we are due for a pack grading special for members
    heck even put 60 day turnaround in the special at least throw us a bone >>

No, the hundreds of packs Steve sent back to PSA for holdering are not Steve's packs--they are PSA subs. PSA ships the packs at regular intervals to Steve in IL and after authenticating them, Steve ships them back to PSA where authenticated packs are assigned a numerical grade and holdered before being shipped back to the submitters.

There is zero incentive for PSA to offer a pack grading special right now. They already have almost more packs than they can handle under the standard rates.

• Options
    <<There is zero incentive for PSA to offer a pack grading special right now. They already have almost more packs than they can handle under the standard rates.>>

I dont know about that they should at least offer it once a year and its been longer then that since the last pack special. I know a whole lot of pack collectors who havent renewed there mebership and wont renew untill the next pack grading special comes along.

• Options

<< <i><<There is zero incentive for PSA to offer a pack grading special right now. They already have almost more packs than they can handle under the standard rates.>>

I dont know about that they should at least offer it once a year and its been longer then that since the last pack special. I know a whole lot of pack collectors who havent renewed there mebership and wont renew untill the next pack grading special comes along. >>

The cost of the membership vs the difference between the special rate ($12) and the standard rate ($14) means that they'd have to send in at least 50 packs just to break even, so holding off on a renewal just for that reason probably doesn't make much sense for most pack submitters.

• Options
    Please PSA give us a pack grading special in November