Rollie Masamino
Jason Bay
Carlos Zambrano
Jason Marquis
Brad Penny
Travis Hafner
Russell Branyan
Mark Reynolds

Does that about cover it? Now can we stop with the HOF threads where the answer is obvious? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Yes, but his WAR is better than his. The two of them together have less blown saves than the other two. The other guy has more HRs than the third guy ... does it matter if one is a pitcher and one a first baseman? How about the fact that one guy was out with a cold for 3 more games than the 10th guy who had a hemorrhoid which put him out for seven days? But the 12th guy inherited only .61 runners per appearance while the next guy stole .61 bases per game, so shouldn't they both be in?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    you are wrong Sir.
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options

<< <i>Attention please- The following people will not be making the Hall of Fame:

Alfonso Soriano
    Billy Wagner
    Babe Ruth
    JD Drew
    Scott Rolen
    Pat Burrell
    Mickey Mantle
    Ryan Dempster
    JJ Hardy
    Vlad Guerrero
    Lou Gehrig
    Todd Helton
    Todd Walker
    Jason Giambi
    Jeremy Giambi
    Willie Mays
    Andruw Jones
    Paul Konerko
    Livan Hernandez
    Lance Berkman
    Hank Aaron
    Carlos Lee
    Carlos Beltran
    Bronson Aroyo
    Miguel Tejada
    Cy Young
    Aramis Ramirez
    Shawn Green
    Mark Beuhrle
    Kevin Millwood
    Freddy Garcia
    Torii Hunter
    Ernie Banks
    Hunter Pence
    Raul Ibanez
    Bobby Abreu
    Barry Zito
    Lou Brock
    Carlos Pena
    Tony Pena
    Vernon Wells
    Jon Garland
    Dan Uggla
    Rod Carew
    Johnny Damon
    Damon Berryhill
    Nick Swisher
    Roy Oswalt
    Josh Beckett
    Gary Carter
    Curtis Granderson
    Jimmy Rollins
    Henry Rollins
    Rollie Masamino
    Jason Bay
    Orlando Cepeda
    Carlos Zambrano
    Jason Marquis
    Brad Penny
    Travis Hafner
    Russell Branyan
    Mark Reynolds

Does that about cover it? Now can we stop with the HOF threads where the answer is obvious? Thanks. >>

Reading thru the list, it looks like some of these guys are already in. LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Attention please- The following people will not be making the Hall of Fame:

Henry Rollins

Does that about cover it? Now can we stop with the HOF threads where the answer is obvious? Thanks. >>

Don't underestimate the power of spoken word.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Vatican is still investigating an eyewitness account of one of Billy Wagner's miracles to fast track his nomination for sainthood.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Henry Rollins is disappointed that you don't think he'll make the HOF
  • Options
    I love watching grown men cry about thread content on baseball card message boards. lol
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's this 15 year old kid in my neighborhood who's pretty good, played on a traveling baseball team and everything. Hispanic sounding last name and all. What do you think his chances are or making it into the HOF?
  • Options

<< <i>Henry Rollins is disappointed that you don't think he'll make the HOF
    image >>

Beat me to it!!!image
  • Options

<< <i>Henry Rollins is disappointed that you don't think he'll make the HOF
    image >>

LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, but his WAR is better than his. The two of them together have less blown saves than the other two. The other guy has more HRs than the third guy ... does it matter if one is a pitcher and one a first baseman? How about the fact that one guy was out with a cold for 3 more games than the 10th guy who had a hemorrhoid which put him out for seven days? But the 12th guy inherited only .61 runners per appearance while the next guy stole .61 bases per game, so shouldn't they both be in? >>

Am I supposed to solve for X here?
  • Options
    Why do you think Vlad wont make it in and what if Damon gets to 3000 hits?
  • Options
    Shhh. He doesn't like people talking about fringe HOFers' chances at induction.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Attention please - there's a sports forum here.
    Rule 6) This forum is about collecting trading cards and/or memorabilia. If your post is not directly related to trading cards and/or memorabilia, then this is the wrong forum. Do not post it or your posting privileges may be removed.
  • Options
    Do people really not feel embarrassed running around playing message board police. It's pretty pathetic to expend any energy crapping on discussions that many others seem to not care less about or get involved in. Must be a tough life not being able to ignore things you aren't interested in. That would SUCK.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    i'm concerned for Henry. that molar looks infected.
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brett Butler not on list.
    List irrelevant without him
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Brett Butler not on list.
    List irrelevant without him
    image >>

'bout time someone brought that up. Nice job, Lee.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Do people really not feel embarrassed running around playing message board police. It's pretty pathetic to expend any energy crapping on discussions that many others seem to not care less about or get involved in. Must be a tough life not being able to ignore things you aren't interested in. That would SUCK.

I have 3 comebacks:

1) Isn't that what you're doing in this thread?

2) Poking fun at people (without being insulting) for posting stupid things on a message board is the very spirit from which good message boards are built. Otherwise the board would either be a giant circlejerk with everybody agreeing with each other, or complete trollfests with nothing but arguments (see: Sports Talk forum). Do you think I really care if someone starts a thread asking if Robin Ventura should be a HOFer? There was an opening to make fun of people with light humor and I took it. If this wasn't tongue-in-cheek do you really think Henry Rollins, Damon Berryhill and Rollie Masamino would've been on my list? My existence these boards, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

3) You take yourself way too seriously and aren't half as intelligent as you think you are. I'm guessing not many people like you in real life, but you're too oblivious and caught up in yourself to realize it.

• Options
    That's the 2nd time you've spelled Rollie's name wrong.

Love,

Spelling Police
  • Options
    what to say about Damon Berryhill? rather interesting fellow. and his wife could bench press you.
  • Options

<< <i>Do people really not feel embarrassed running around playing message board police. It's pretty pathetic to expend any energy crapping on discussions that many others seem to not care less about or get involved in. Must be a tough life not being able to ignore things you aren't interested in. That would SUCK.

I have 3 comebacks:

1) Isn't that what you're doing in this thread?

2) Poking fun at people (without being insulting) for posting stupid things on a message board is the very spirit from which good message boards are built. Otherwise the board would either be a giant circlejerk with everybody agreeing with each other, or complete trollfests with nothing but arguments (see: Sports Talk forum). Do you think I really care if someone starts a thread asking if Robin Ventura should be a HOFer? There was an opening to make fun of people with light humor and I took it. If this wasn't tongue-in-cheek do you really think Henry Rollins, Damon Berryhill and Rollie Masamino would've been on my list? My existence these boards, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

3) You take yourself way too seriously and aren't half as intelligent as you think you are. I'm guessing not many people like you in real life, but you're too oblivious and caught up in yourself to realize it. >>

lol You weren't poking fun. You were crying that you think these discussions should be in sports talk. My response to that sentiment is, what do you care. You aren't mature enough to simply ignore things you aren't interested in? You can play it off as some super hilarious comedy bit, but I have seen you do it on more than one occasion. You just can't take it when there is a thread that doesn't interest you. You turn into a petulant child and have to say something.

The personal stuff is hilarious. I always get a chuckle when people get so angry at someone on the internet that they make lame assumptions about their personal life as if it's some sort of meaningful thing to somehow insult someone with things you have no clue are true or not.
  • Options

<< <i>That's the 2nd time you've spelled Rollie's name wrong.

Love,

Spelling Police >>

OMG OMG misspelled Bronson Arroyo too!!!!! image
  • Options
    lol You weren't poking fun. You were crying that you think these discussions should be in sports talk. My response to that sentiment is, what do you care. You aren't mature enough to simply ignore things you aren't interested in? You can play it off as some super hilarious comedy bit, but I have seen you do it on more than one occasion. You just can't take it when there is a thread that doesn't interest you. You turn into a petulant child and have to say something. The personal stuff is hilarious.

95% of the threads here don't interest me, I'd be typing all day if I chose to nitpick at every one. The people on this board who have met me (of which there are more than a few) can attest to the fact that almost nothing I ever say is serious. I post about 3 times a month these days and start almost zero threads. If this board fell off the face of the earth it wouldn't bother me one bit.

I always get a chuckle when people get so angry at someone on the internet that they make lame assumptions about their personal life as if it's some sort of meaningful thing to somehow insult someone with things you have no clue are true or not.

I'm a good guesser.
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    In the light of all this, would it be wrong to start a thread called "Should Todd VanPoppel be in the Hall of Fame?"image
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options

<< <i>In the light of all this, would it be wrong to start a thread called "Should Todd VanPoppel be in the Hall of Fame?"image >>

Only if we could compare him to Brien McKeiver Taylor.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Vladimer Guerrero deserves some discussion: 9 time all star, MVP and 5 other top 10 finishes, led angels to 5 division titles and a world series win, 2 time member of 30/30, career avg of .319, 450 hour, 1500 rbi, 2500 hits and at one time maybe the most feared arm in baseball. His stats certainly compare favorably to Billy Williams. Certainly not a no brainer choice, but not laiughable either. Never hit below .300 in a season where he played 100+ games.
  • Options
    Vlad was still in Montreal when Anaheim won the World Series in '02.
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    Jason Marquis? I thought he was 1st ballot
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Vlad was still in Montreal when Anaheim won the World Series in '02.

Damn that Wikipedia

Well, Billy didn't win one eitherimage
  • Options
    damn, we were all beat on putting aHenry Rollins pic up...I was thinking the same thing image
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Vladimer Guerrero deserves some discussion: 9 time all star, MVP and 5 other top 10 finishes, led angels to 5 division titles and a world series win, 2 time member of 30/30, career avg of .319, 450 hour, 1500 rbi, 2500 hits and at one time maybe the most feared arm in baseball. His stats certainly compare favorably to Billy Williams. Certainly not a no brainer choice, but not laiughable either. Never hit below .300 in a season where he played 100+ games. >>

Probably somewhere between ballots 3- 6. But, I really think he's a lock to get in.
  • Options
    jrbolesjrboles Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Years ago I saw Ted Williams on the Conan O'Brien Show. Conan asked Ted if he thought anyone would ever hit .400 again. Ted said it could happen. Conan asked, "You think I got a shot." Ted said no and Conan asked why not. Ted said, "First, because you're Irish". This is absolutely true and only has limited relevance to the original post except that Ted Williams is in the HOF and his image appears on sports cards and memorabilia. It's just that my buddy and I discussed it at the White Sox game Monday and I wanted to share.

Your pal
    jr

Edited to correct the spelling of "you're" in Ted's quote which was originally spelled "your"
  • Options
    Vlad Guerrero

Sorry, that was a typo. I meant Pedro Guerrero.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    What other mistakes did you make? I suggest you re check your work.

Good for you.
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I post about 3 times a month these days and start almost zero threads. >>

The board must be good this month considering you started a thread and you're well over your post average. image
  • Options

<< <i>Vlad Guerrero

Sorry, that was a typo. I meant Pedro Guerrero. >>

I didn't see anything wrong with the first Guerrero being on the list. Wilton has a better shot than his brother.

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Albert Pujols is a juicer...

Sincerely, Jack Clark

• Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭
    So, whaddya wanna talk about now? My favorite color?
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Vlad Guerrero

Sorry, that was a typo. I meant Pedro Guerrero. >>

I didn't see anything wrong with the first Guerrero being on the list. Wilton has a better shot than his brother.

image >>

Ha ha ha. May your vintage Dodgers cards instantly combust... I'll leave the Butler collection alone for now.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭
    Do you think Dave Duncan will get into the HOF?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658