Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Not Attending the National--Need Cards?? Updated!

afternoon from Providence where it is about 150 degrees. Spent the day in a suit and tie at an all day mediation. Do I know how to live or what?

Ok--here is what I have compiled thus far on requests. Some of the cards requested are top notch and mucho expensivo--

I will note those that I will look for--bear in mind i leave Friday morning. If you are going to the Show and want to spot something noted, respond to the thread and I will duly note it

If you are going to spot for a non attendng member PM each other and work out the details. ie--grade, contact info, $$ amount

acoltsfan '91 Desert Shield Greg Maddux PSA-9

AREX wants lots of commons from sets.

vitoco1972 looking for signed cards of Shawchuck and Plante--I will keep an eye out

kmnorton Matt Cain printing plates

thenavarro '71 Topps Baseball Wax Pack--I will keep an eye out

charliebrown Jackie Robinson, Gherig, big boys

francart '62 Bazooka Panel Roger Maris
'62 Topps Stamp Panel--Maris

yankeeno7 Gary Carter signed cards

brianwintersfan '78 RC Cola Hangers of yes Brian Winters--cool items! will keep an eye out

clockworkangel looking for big $$ hi end cards wow! not sure I would let someone else pick these out for me

detroitlion20 Raiders '88 Ace Fact Pack Set--or just the Bo Jackson card

bunchobull '08 Allen Ginter Frank Thomas Prinitng Plates

frankhardy does enjoy dreaming! nice tuff Cardinals odd ball -- but tuff items
'61 dice game Maris ! '68 plaks, '67 stand ups
of yeah and a '01 Topps Refractor Fernando Tatis

walter sobchak needs 4 '70 Topps BB cards-whose got them for him??

goomba gotta be from R.I. !! needs: '93 Finest Refractor Nolan Ryan--PSA-10
and '00 Fleer Showcase Tom Brady PSA-10

psychump 2 cards from '63 Topps--#341-Baldschun White slash variation and #496--Dalkowski PSA-7

Rtimmer basketball packs with stars showing

mcadams '06 Allen Ginter Bobby Cox--Bazooka back

jmmiller777 '68 Ryan rookie--Ex or better

maddux69 '87 canon greg maddux and '93 FInest Refractor Maddux

hyperchipper09 '83/4 Portland issue Clyde Drexler

dytch2220 Bo Jackson cards----- '86 Donruss Hi Lites--# 43--white letter variation
'91 Desert Shield and '93 Finest Refractor #91

MAttyC we miss you!! '51 Bowman MAntle--PSA-5-6 or 7

if I made any mitakes--LET ME KNOW. otherwise if yoou wanna look for something--please respond and I'll update the thread.

Any others??

Comments

• Options
    FrancartFrancart Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    Great idea! I have a 5 month old so unfortunately I will not be able to attend this year. Looking for the following if anyone comes across them or has them. Willing to kick in a finder's fee for your assistance .

1962 Bazooka Panel - Jay/Maris/Howard

1962 Topps Stamp Panel - Maris/Lee Thomas

Thanks,

Jim
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    I already PMed with Manny regarding this, thank you for helping! Matt Miller, thank you for helping me out too image If anyone else is interested in looking for me, Im looking for signed Gary Carter cards 1985-1993. They do not have to be PSA/DNA or JSA. They can be raw or even in an oddball holder. If I got a pic text or emailed to me, Im pretty good with Carter autos and can determine for myself.

My top wanted signed Gary Carters...the multiplayer cards may or may not be signed by other players:
    1987 Fleer Magic Mets
    1985 Fleer NL All Stars
    1989 Fleer
    1986 Topps (not the AS)
    and especially any multiplayer cards

Thanks for putting this thread up, Manny
  • Options
    Need both sizes of the 1978 RC Cola Brian Winters bottle hangers. Very tough to find so I'm even doubtful they would be hiding at the National. Included a couple pics so you can see what they look like. If you see them please keep me in mind. These would be raw as only a couple from the set have ever been graded. Would be willing to pay $75-$125 per card depending on condition and if it was more you could contact me first.

• Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    What a great idea! I would love to "pair up" with someone going and give them a list. If anyone is interested in helping, please PM me and hopefully we could work it out?

Thanks
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Great idea for a thread Manny. I've already offered my serves to a couple of board members, but hopefully others can help out.

I've linked the other thread that was started so those guys who posted there and not here yet don't get lost in the shuffle.

Is there a National want list thread?
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Great idea, I was hoping to attend the national but this year isn't going to work out. If someone could find me a 1988 Ace Fact Pack Raiders set still sealed I would really appreciate it. I will settle for just Bo Jackson if I have to. I have been looking a long while and have had no luck. willing to pay top dollar. if you have any questions please feel free to pm me.
    thanks a lot.
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    ok

glad to see others agree

so not to be controlling or anything--but we will need some sort of organization

if you want anything--feel free to post it on this thread. I will still hook you up with 1-2 members who will be attending

if you would prefer not to publicize it--as many may not want to do on tuff items--PM me and I will hook you up with someone privately

things to consider

what you wanna pay for the item
    exchange your cell or email so we have ability to reach you if we see something on your list
    raw versus graded

We can be your eyes--but not your brain
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I'm looking for 2008 Allen and Ginter Frank Thomas printing plates.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options

<< <i>ok

glad to see others agree

so not to be controlling or anything--but we will need some sort of organization

if you want anything--feel free to post it on this thread. I will still hook you up with 1-2 members who will be attending

if you would prefer not to publicize it--as many may not want to do on tuff items--PM me and I will hook you up with someone privately

things to consider

what you wanna pay for the item
    exchange your cell or email so we have ability to reach you if we see something on your list
    raw versus graded

We can be your eyes--but not your brain >>

Well if someone contacts me privately I would be willing to share some contact info.
  • Options
    abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    I am looking for a 1991 Topps Desert Shield #35 Greg Maddux PSA 9. Willing to pay a little over $100 if I need to. Any help would be appreciated.

Working on the following sets
    1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
    1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
    Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
    June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
    Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
    Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

• Options
    arexarex Posts: 999
    I am looking for raw or slabbed 54 Bowman baseball in the 5-7 range.
    I am also looking for 63 Fleer baseball in the 6-7 range.
    I am always on the lookout for Mike Schmidt cards from 74-79
    If anyone has any interest in looking for me, please send me a PM and I will get you my contact info!
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Looking for:

1985 Leaf Kirby Puckett PSA 10

1973 Topps Franco Harris RC PSA 9
    1973 Topps Dwight White PSA 9
    1975 Topps Mel Blount RC PSA 9
    1993 SP Jerome Bettis PSA 9

1971 Topps Steve Garvey PSA 9
    1971 Topps Rod Carew PSA 9
    1971 Topps Pete Rose PSA 9
    1971 Topps Baylor/Baker PSA 9
    1971 Topps Johnny Bench PSA 9
    1971 Topps Tom Seaver PSA 9

1975 Topps Mini Schmidt PSA 9

Walter Payton RC PSA 10
    Joe Montana RC PSA 10

The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Looking for signed copies of the following:

1968 Topps Terry Sawchuck (paying $400 and below but call if more)

1971 Topps Goals Against Leaders - signed by Jacques Plante or all three. (Insta-buy under $250. Call if more)
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Iif anybody sees any Matt Cain printing plates for $25 or under, could you please pick them up and I will duly and rapidly repay. Thanks in advance.
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I would like ONE 1971 Topps Baseball PSA graded regular wax pack. Series does not matter, but no penny packs. Cell number available via PM. Price depends on grade so would prefer just to be called for a game time decision image

Thanks

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Looking for the following:

1947 Bond Bread Jackie Robinson Throwing - any grade or raw
    1947 Bond Bread Jackie Robinson Awaiting the Pitch - PSA or equiv 3 or higher (or raw)
    1933 Goudey Lou Gehrig #92 or #160 - PSA 6 or lower. More cancerned about eye appeal and front back centering than grade.
    T206 Ty Cobb Bat Off - any grade but must have good front and back centering and good eye appeal no creasing over face, no pinholes

I can send scan if need be for the 2 Bond Bread cards. Contact me at shaunfyffe (at) gmail (dot) com, I will give you my phone #.

Shaun
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For my Cardinals team set collection.

The most realistic thing that someone might find is this -

2001 Topps Retrofractors 146 Fernando Tatis. This is the last card I need to have a complete run of refractors.

= = =

Anybody would be hard pressed to find any of these, but here goes.

Topps

1955 Topps Hocus Focus - Wally Moon (a nice impossible card to start it off)

1955 Topps Stamps - Joe Cunningham, Alex Grammas, Harvey Haddix (like I will ever even see one of these)

1961 Topps Dice Game - Stan Musial, Bill White (it's ok to dream isn't it?)

1966 Topps Punchouts - Curt Flood

1967 Topps Discs - Orlando Cepeda

1967 Topps Stand Ups - Orlando Cepeda, Tim McCarver

1968 Topps Discs - Orlando Cepeda

1968 Topps Plaks - Orlando Cepeda, Checklist

1969 Topps 4-in-1 Stickers - Steve Huntz & Mike Torrez Rookie Stars (with Carl Yastrzemski)

1970 Topps Candy Lids - Richie Allen

1972 Topps Candy Lids - Lou Brock, Bob Gibson

1973 Topps Comics - Joe Torre

1990 Topps Folders / Sport Shots / Portfolio / Duo-Tang Pedro Guerrero

Fleer Oddball

1967 Fleer Logo Emblems & Cloth Patches (tallboys; test) - Cardinals Logo Emblem (1966 w/l record; save all 19 cards), Cardinals Cloth Patch, Cardinals Trio Cloth Patch

1968-70 Fleer Cloth Patches - Cardinals (orange; blue bordered logo)

1969 Fleer Pennants & Stamps - Cardinals

1970 Fleer Iron Ons - Cardinals

1970 Fleer Team Logo Decals - Cardinals (there is one of these on Ebay, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet)

1973 Fleer Team Logo Decals - Cardinals

1976 Fleer Iron Ons - Cardinals

Shane

• Options
    I am looking for these four 1970 Topps cards, well-centered, with no tilt, in NM-MTish condition:

#320 Jim Maloney
    #340 Tony Conigliaro
    #484 Gary Nolan
    #661 Jerry Robertson

They can be raw or graded, it doesn't matter.

I am playing in a softball tournament out of town this weekend so I wouldn't likely be available at the exact time you found the card(s), but use your own discretion. If it's a nice copy, and the price is at least somewhat reasonable, I'd be happy to pay for it plus a couple bucks extra for your effort.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    Looking for a 1993 Finest Refractor Nolan Ryan PSA 10 & a 2000 Fleer Showcase Tom Brady PSA 10 (Last Brady RC I need in a PSA 10). Paying top $$$ for both

Joe
    Greatly overpaying for a 2000 Fleer Showcase Tom Brady PSA 10
  • Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    Wow! What a nice thing to do! Much appreciated. Since I collect only 1963 Topps Baseball, I would love #496 Steve Dalkowski raw in nm-mt or PSA 7 or higher, along with stupid # 341 Jack Baldshun white slash nm-mt raw or PSA 7 or up. Pay and Reward will be offered immediately.

1963 Topps

#341 Jack Baldschun white slash

#496 Rookie Stars Steve Dalkowski

Thank you for even asking!
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    I am looking for basketball packs with rookies showing if that fits with anyone's interests and would like to keep an eye out for me.

Thanks! Great idea
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    Although I will be exhibiting, I'd be happy to look for want list items posted here.

Cheers

Dave

Dave
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    I'm looking for a 2006 Allen & Ginter Bobby Cox Bazooka Back. Any condition is fine.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Looking for an ex-ex+ well centered 1968 Ryan Rookie
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be eternally grateful if somebody located a 1987 Canon Greg Maddux, an example is below. I am also looking for a Greg Maddux 1993 Finest Refractor.

Thanks,
    Jason

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 1983-84 Portland Police Issue Clyde Drexler. Nice raw copy or Graded, no preference image
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    Here are some of the ones I'm looking for:

1988 Raiders ACE Fact Pack #11 Bo Jackson. Interested in the set and/or the individual card.
    1986 Donruss Highlights #43 Bo Jackson White Letter Variant
    1991 Topps Desert Shield #600 Bo Jackson
    1993 Topps Finest Refractor #91 Bo Jackson

Preferably PSA 10 graded or raw/mint for me to submit. Holler at me if you see any of these around.
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    I am writing all this stuff down........................

NO I'M NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........I barely have enough time to look for my own want list........

The National is pretty overwhelming.....

Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options

<< <i>Here are some of the ones I'm looking for:

1988 Raiders ACE Fact Pack #11 Bo Jackson. Interested in the set and/or the individual card.

Preferably PSA 10 graded or raw/mint for me to submit. Holler at me if you see any of these around. >>

No longer need the Ace Fact Pack. Just bought the set, factory sealed.
  • Options
    Our friend and hopefully soon to be reinstated member, Matty C, says hello from the island he was banished to by the moderators as we all look forward to his return.

In the meantime, he is very interested in a 1951 Bowman Mickey Mantle in PSA 6, 7, or 8.

PM me if interested in helping me or Matty out. Thanks much!
  • Options

<< <i>Our friend and hopefully soon to be reinstated member, Matty C, says hello from the island he was banished to by the moderators as we all look forward to his return.

In the meantime, he is very interested in a 1951 Bowman Mantle in PSA 6, 7, or 8.

PM me if interested in helping me or Matty out. Thanks much! >>

Fixed it for you. image

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Our friend and hopefully soon to be reinstated member, Matty C, says hello from the island he was banished to by the moderators as we all look forward to his return.

In the meantime, he is very interested in a 1951 Bowman Mantle in PSA 6, 7, or 8.

Fixed it for you. image >>

Are you sure he didnt mean 1957 Bowman? image

Btw, special thanks to cpamike for taking down my want list for national while I nurse this broken foot.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Fixed it for you. image >>

Are you sure he didnt mean 1957 Bowman? image

Btw, special thanks to cpamike for taking down my want list for national while I nurse this broken foot. >>

No problem Dave, glad to help. Don't worry, I'll find those 1988 Donruss sets for your collection. image

Unfortunately for Matty's wallet, I think 1951 is the right answer and a very good choice for his collection.

Collecting:
  • Options
    TTT--see update on 1st page
  • Options

<< <i>Here are some of the ones I'm looking for:

1988 Raiders ACE Fact Pack Seattle Seahawks Set

Preferably PSA 10 graded or raw/mint for me to submit. Holler at me if you see any of these around. >>

I'd like to add the folowing:

1990 Score Promo #280 Bo Jackson
    1990 Donruss Aqueous Test Bo Jackson - Any/All 3
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    If anyone sees old horse racing tickets I've been looking for any ticket from a Man O War race (early 20s).. The most likely would be the 1920 Preakness or the match race vs sir Barton. I'm also looking for any ticket from a sea biscuit race (late 30s). The most likely one would be 1937 match race vs War Admiral. Thanks
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    byronscott4everbyronscott4ever Posts: 932 ✭✭✭
    I'm looking for many Byron Scott cards, but I'll just say 1/1s to make it easier since I know I wouldn't have any of them. Thanks
  • Options
    Im 90% sure Ill be going to Chicago...and Ill be happy to search for want lists. The only thing is I'd prefer your cell # to contact you and have you transfer the funds via paypal....PM me if anyone is interested...You can see my feedback on eBay (since 1998) if not sure if I'm shifty or not...plus 160 positive feedback on bluray.com, plus, plus blah blah blah
  • Options
    morning everyone

5 days till the big day.

Wanted to bump this thread for anyone who has anything on their wish list.
  • Options
    CuseSteveCuseSteve Posts: 106 ✭✭
    I am looking for a signed 1969 Topps Don Meredith.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Always looking for signed Cowboys items from the 'Landry years'
  • Options
    mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    If I'm not too late I'm looking for a '70 Topps baseball wax pack graded PSA 7 or 8 and a '71 Topps baseball wax pack graded PSA 7 or 8. Thanks for any help.
  • Options
    hi all

I did look for stuff on the list and will continue today. I think BBCE has a '70 wax pack and cello pack.

Not sure what they want for it.

P
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for looking for everyone. Nice gesture.

I would like you to add to my list an authenticated 1975 Topps wax pack (not mini). I would first like to know what the asking price is if possible.

Shane

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Per my sig line, I'm looking to buy any FB rack with Wilbert Montgomery showing on one of the top panels. '79 (his RC year) would be beyond ideal, and I'll gladly tack on 50%.
  • Options
    KurtisJosephKurtisJoseph Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
    Can someone be on the lookout for a 1971 Ted Simmons PSA 9???

Please email me at kurtmc@yahoo.com if you can help and your lunch will be on me!

Not sure how to handle payment. . we can work out on email. thx
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am writing all this stuff down........................

NO I'M NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........I barely have enough time to look for my own want list........

The National is pretty overwhelming..... >>

my exact thought. If you have never been to the National, you won't understand how overwhelming it is. Both times I attended a Natty, I went from Wed-Sun and still felt like I was missing stuff.

I hope someone finds time to look for items listed here, but I wouldn't count on it.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Just find me a 1985 Fleer NL All Stars and a 1987 Fleer Magic Mets signed by Gary Carter PLEASE image