Home U.S. Coin Forum

What's the highest number of Cherrypickers' Guide Varieties Cherrypicked at one show?

keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
Mine is 6:
4 circulated Mercury Dimes, 1 Mint State Mercury Dime, 1 circulated Buffalo Nickel.
"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:

Comments

• WindycityWindycity Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done... my guess is Brian Raines would hold the record... He seems to get loads at every show!!
    <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mullencoins.com">Mullen Coins Website - Windycity Coin website
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well done... my guess is Brian Raines would hold the record... He seems to get loads at every show!! >>

Cool! What series primarily or are there just too many to list? image I just focus on one but will pick up a few other coins that I know to check, from time to time.
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mine is 6:
    4 circulated Mercury Dimes, 1 Mint State Mercury Dime, 1 circulated Buffalo Nickel. >>

uh, what were they?
    Frank

BHNC #203

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well done... my guess is Brian Raines would hold the record... He seems to get loads at every show!! >>

Brian's a buddy of mine-I would concur. He's pretty good, especially when it comes to the VAMs. I've seen him cherry probably 25-30 at a show back when it wasn't as hard as it is today.
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Mine is 6:
    4 circulated Mercury Dimes, 1 Mint State Mercury Dime, 1 circulated Buffalo Nickel. >>

uh, what were they? >>

It was about a year or two ago...nothing exciting for sure. Nothing I have sold for killer money. 2 circulated Micro-S, 1 low Mint State Micro S, a circulated 40-S FS-501 and a circulated 43-S FS-501. The non-Merc was a circulated 1938-D/D/D/S FS-511 Buffalo Nickel.

It was better than a kick in the head but nothing to get too excited over. In the next few weeks I have 3 shows I plan to attend and it is my goal to see what I can really do since I have been studying the CPG 5th Edition Vol II. I have a small cheat sheet with over 120 coins on it in addition to the 26 Mercury Dimes that I have memorized. Then a few coins from Vol I. With a much larger shopping list and a new strategy, I hope to fair a bit better at the next three shows. Yesterday I was at a 10 dealer show and got 3 coins, all Mercs! I might study Vol I a little in the next week or so and focus on a couple of those series.

It's hard to make money or even break even for the most part within the hobby. I'm not trying to make money but if I can exit this hobby one day without having lost money then I think that will be good. Cherrypicking provides that opportunity, not to mention the opportunity to have a lot more fun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file