Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Latest newp, an 1878-cc 10c , purchased because everyone here says its "tough"!Pics up!

RealoneRealone Posts: 18,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
Photo to follow with Stone's assistance!image
By everyone I mean all the Dime guys on he board and well you know Seateddime calls it out in his sigline, btw I paid strong dineros for it, so it must have been Seateddimes dime's example, reason I assume that is because Seateddime has a different 1878-cc 10c ms 63 ngc listed under the green Make an Offer banner on Ha.com , so does he want to buy an ms example low or sell one high, you tell me?image
Either way I pulled the trigger so whoever sold it, you can thanks Seateddime for the free promotion!
So it is toned, and in ms, and in an old ngc no line fatty and matches the rest of my collection, so I believe it was well worth it, even though I try not to buy highimage
BTW Ha.com was great to deal with, finally a Make an Offer paid worked out! image

Comments

• Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    Seeing that my duplicates are about a 70% complete set I am often selling coins I have recently upgraded.

Ironically you missed the real gem of the sale - an original 1888-s in a 64 CAC. That is a coin the pop are well off on. I resubmitted one 5 times for a 65 myself before the days of + on coins and stopped when a 65 was offered to me at $7500. I did not even bother to counter the price. I took it with a big smile.

You want more free advice, find yourself a gem 1888-s before they hit $10,000. They are that rare in 64 or better, in 62/63 they are more available.

I still do need a 78 CC dime but want a 65 or better. I am sure you saw my NGC 63, it was not offered for sale but Heritage did send me several offers which I did not respond to. I see it was you. Smart to make offers on the coin. A nice 1878 cc is hard to come by.
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How often do you buy a coin because everyone here says...?

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How often do you buy a coin because everyone here says...?

image >>

LOL

I think the reality is that he has several of these and buys them because be likes them. He's just yanking everyone's chain with this thread.
    The Best High Grade Mercury Dime Toners For Sale! + 2 Varieties :smile:
    https://greatcollections.com/Collections/1120/The-Keyman64-Mercury-Dime-Collection/2024-07-07
  • Options
    I won this coin back in 2007 and have not upgraded it since, one of the few coins left to upgrade:

http://coins.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=432&lotNo=474

• Options

<< <i>I believe mine is also the shattered reverse like your example Seateddime!. I realize some don't like this die marraige but I do. I wouldn't have thought of picking this little lady up until I read your sigline which gave me the idea. But as you know I typically want my coin to be eye appealing, high grade, naturally toned, original, undergraded, in an old no line fatty or ogh and pedigreedimage >>

It was a wise purchase and a nice coin. I want a type I as I have a type II (as do you). They don't often appear. My finest example is a PCGS AU.

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice look! image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It was a wise purchase and a nice coin. I want a type I as I have a type II (as do you). They don't often appear. My finest example is a PCGS AU. >>

Type 1 what? MS65 what what?

A very nice coin RO, as fan of the 78-CC date/MM combo, that's a great pickup.
  • Options
    sniocsusniocsu Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭
    Very nice!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file