Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

1793 CHAIN CENT NCS FINE DETAILS RARE

1793 Chain Cent, Strong Fine Details Nice Medium Chocolate Color, No Porosity, No Corrosion. In NCS Details Holder, because of a number of very old digs, consistent with coin being tested by being bitten in the 1700 and 1800's when it circulated.
This coin has a bold chain and date, a well defined portrait with significant hair detail. The legends are complete. All and all it is consitent with being a full Fine or better.
If interested in this coin please contact us at lynnem845@optonline.net
Asking $8750.00

Comments

• Options
    okiedudeokiedude Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Pics do not work.
    BST with: Oldhobo, commoncents05, NoLawyer, AgentJim007, Bronzemat, 123cents, Lordmarcovan, VanHalen, ajaan, MICHAELDIXON, jayPem and more!
  • Options
    Our pics do not seem to work here . Have you tried looking at the pics shown on our E-BAY LISTING? The easiest way to find it would be a search of liberty caps , first do U.S. coins then large cents, if you know the drill I apologize. When you view the listing there let us know what you think ...P.S. we have an ulterior motif you will see 2 or 3 other chain cents which are inthe same price range but much lowergrade thks LYNNE
  • Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a link to the auction?
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A link to the auction would be helpful! I do not see a 1793 in an NCS holder in the Large Cent section on Ebay.
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure I used to own this coin. Is this it?

imageimage
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    I JUST GOT HOME, IT DOES LOOK VERY SIMILIAR, WAS IT AN S-3 ? The only differences seem to be thhe color & perhaps a slight difference in the surface quality,but I am viewing the coin thru plastic...older plastic at that. Any input you have about the coins History would be appreciated. THANK YOU ....LYNNE.
  • Options
    We apologize ...we had a potential buyer Look at the coin today and did not have it listed while they were viewing it... UNTIL THIS PARTY COMMITS TO A PURCHASE THE COIN IS LISTED ON OUR E-BAY SITE & AVAILABLE Thanks for your interest & we apologize for any inconvenience.... LYNNE & BILL....
  • Options
    okiedudeokiedude Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Looks like the same coin to me. They both have a slash right next to the neck. So it's in an NCS holder, but your eBay heading says NGC?
    BST with: Oldhobo, commoncents05, NoLawyer, AgentJim007, Bronzemat, 123cents, Lordmarcovan, VanHalen, ajaan, MICHAELDIXON, jayPem and more!
  • Options
    We sent you a message the 1793Chain cent is listed now on E-BAY Try viewing those pics they should be much better. Thanks LYNNE
  • Options
    Thanks Again for your comments The coin is Encapsulated by N C S which is part of N.G.C. ....Thanks Again....Lynne
  • Options
    ACopACop Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Read the rules for the forum regarding ttts, only one per day >>

Seeing as neither the auction link nor pictures are posted, it's almost like there is no post.
  • Options
    I would love to hear more about the shopkeeper who left those digs on the coin while checking to see if it was real. Perhaps it was spent, in the 18th century, at the Vampire General Store and Mercantile. Many, many times.

Using 'NGC' in the title of an 'NCS' coin is unethical, regardless on their affiliation.

merse

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks Again for your comments The coin is Encapsulated by N C S which is part of N.G.C. ....Thanks Again....Lynne >>

Then why not state NCS in the title? Stating NGC seems misleading, imo.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It is Ankur's old coin. Here is the ebay auction for the damaged NCS F-details chain cent
    Lance. >>

Well that was helpful.....image

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Thanks Again for your comments The coin is Encapsulated by N C S which is part of N.G.C. ....Thanks Again....Lynne >>

Then why not state NCS in the title? Stating NGC seems misleading, imo. >>

Exactly. It's no different than sellers of PSA graded cards not listing qualifiers in their title. It's a cool coin but it is not graded by NGC