Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How does PSA grade cards that come signed and serial numbered?

For instance, Leaf 2012 buyback memories auto card which is what I'm thinking about sending in.

Comments

• Options
    Help me out here. Is this an auto that is pack pulled? If so they will just grade it like a normal card.
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    I think "buyback" cards that the company issued in pevious years and then subsequently autographed by a player must go through PSA/DNA. PSA treats these cards differently than auto'd cards that were part of a regular issue. That's how they treat the 2004 Topps Original Signatures issue, which is made up entirely of auto'd buyback Topps cards.
    Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all "right-thinking" people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as “bad luck.”
  • Options
    Pack pulled. Can I get a blue flip for it to match my other auto cards? Or is there any need to get it authenticated since it already comes with an authenticating sticker and maybe just get it graded instead like a regular card?
  • Options

<< <i>Pack pulled. Can I get a blue flip for it to match my other auto cards? Or is there any need to get it authenticated since it already comes with an authenticating sticker and maybe just get it graded instead like a regular card? >>

The 2004 Topps Original Signatures issue is serial #'d and comes with a hologram sticker on the back as well. These are all Topps cards from the 50s' to the 90's that were bought back and auto'd. If what you're describing is similiar, PSA won't grade these as part of a normal submission like the monthly $5.50 special. You need to have the auto authenticated.
    Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all "right-thinking" people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as “bad luck.”
  • Options

<< <i>Pack pulled. Can I get a blue flip for it to match my other auto cards? Or is there any need to get it authenticated since it already comes with an authenticating sticker and maybe just get it graded instead like a regular card? >>

Dont blue flip, no need. If they are valued under 100 send them like a normal card throught a monthly special.
  • Options

<< <i>The 2004 Topps Original Signatures issue is serial #'d and comes with a hologram sticker on the back as well. These are all Topps cards from the 50s' to the 90's that were bought back and auto'd. If what you're describing is similiar, PSA won't grade these as part of a normal submission like the monthly $5.50 special. You need to have the auto authenticated. >>

I would email PSA about this because it dont sounf right.
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    You can and should go red flip on it because the red flip will be valued higher than a blue flip would.
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    Technically if it's the Leaf 2012 Memories they aren't packs. It's in a small box that has the auto alread top loadered. The other cards in the box are in a plastic holder with the other cards.

I have had all of my Teixeira buyback cards graded by PSA. They indicate that it is a buyback card.

Hope this helps.

Justin
  • Options
    Thanks a ton Justin. That info is exactly what I was hoping for.

Thanks to everyone else for there input. Looks like I learned something new on this board.

Marc