Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Look at this IHC! get drool rag ready.

goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
WOWZER!!!!!!!!!!

thought everyone might like to look at this baby!

Comments

• Options
    FAP
  • Options
    WOW indeed - that coin oooooozes class!
  • Options
    Not the best picture, but I am sure it is mighty purdy in person. Indian Head cents are really starting to take off in price. They have always been popular, but I have seen them start to move in recent years. Fortunately there are still a lot of bargins to be had if you look around. I am currently in the market for an 1877 in MS66 or MS67. Now with that being said I am also in the market for an 1804 Silver Dollar, a 1933 Double Eagle, a 1913 Liberty Nickel and an 1894-S Barber Dime imageimageimageimageimageimageimage I may have set my sites too high, but hey that's what lotto is for........
  • Options
    AgflyerAgflyer Posts: 947 ✭✭✭
    Makes me want to start collecting those pretty little indians. . . maybe I should play the lotto numbers on my fortune cookie. . .hmmm. . .image
    Rick II
    I've had great transactions with people like: drwstr123, CCC2010, AlanLastufka, Type2, Justlooking, zas107, StrikeOutXXX, 10point, 66Tbird, and many more!
  • Options
    PushkinPushkin Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭
    Yes, another one of Rick Snow's dazzling offerings. I just picked up this one.

Old_Eagle_Eye image

Excuse me for showing off via Goose3's post.image
  • Options
    Goose and Pushkin: Both gorgeous coins!

The luster on the IHC that Goose3 posted is cherry! Looks like the coin was dipped in cooking oil!!

Pushkin: The photo looks like there is purple toning on the coin. It is as colorful in person?
    "The essence of sleight of hand is distraction and misdirection. If smoeone can be convinced that he has, through his own perspicacity, divined your hidden purposes, he will not look further."

William S. Burroughs, Cities of the Red Night
  • Options
    Pushkin, Thanks for the photo, I never knew they had colorized IHCs.
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options

Yes, but the luster is much more iridescent than the photo shows, and it changes color in different light when viewed at different angles. I've never much cared for toned coins, but with merchandise like some of the ones Rick is offering, and a few I've been very lucky to pick up, I'm afraid I might be in the early stages of "tone addiction". It is a fantastic coin, but so far, difficult to photograph in a manner that does it justice.
  • Options

So, are they real, or the work of the Grand Master Coin Doctor? I can't believe Rick would ever offer a coin he wasn't 100% certain was not AT - too much of a reputation at stake and too honest a dealer. Every coin I've ever purchased from him has exceeded my expectations.

But, at the risk of more AT flaming, I'm willing to pose the question.image Wish I could take a GOOD picture of it.image

Seriously - how does copper get his way? Besides the sulfur compounds in the mint bags and rolls explanation, what are the other accepted mechanisms? I'd be interested in hearing other opinions.
  • Options
    Sure looks real to me. And very pretty! I've seen Lincolns with similar, natural toning.
    "The essence of sleight of hand is distraction and misdirection. If smoeone can be convinced that he has, through his own perspicacity, divined your hidden purposes, he will not look further."

• Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Nice coin pushkin, the proofs have some beautiful colors. Here is a 1907 for sale at Legend, according to our resident sherlock this one sold at FUN last year. Proof 67RB

• Options

Mike, all I can say is WOOWOOWWOO!image
  • Options
    Mike: When they said red-brown, they meant RED brown! image

• Options
    shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    That 94 looks intense, and proofs are so tough to image you have to use some imagination. I see PCGS has one 66CAM and two 64s so far in this date. Thanks for the heads up Goose.

Pushkin -- I had a look/see at his 1888 PR66BN that has violet highlights. They're original all the way, toned from the tissuelike paper they were issued in. I could play with them for hours, the way they change color at different angles and in different light. They're not quite selling for BN prices anymore but still are great buys.
  • Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pushkin,

So it was you that snatched that purple thing! image

I managed to get this one as a consolation prize.

Don't worry, I'll get over it. Finally get to make one of my hit and run posts!
  • Options
    Hey ElmerFusterpuck, Does RB stand for Red and Blue?
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options
    ElmerFusterpuck,

That's a heck of a nice consolation prize!image
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Drool rag didn't get there in time for me!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file