Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anybody know?

I think most of you know by now I am not a collector. I am trying to sell my coins because my family needs money and my siblings want me to sell the coins...even though my dad and I collected them together when I was a kid. He is gone now and my mom feels I should sell tham as we are poor and split the cash. I don't want to do this . I have decided to sell a few of the better coins and give them the money and then save the rest that may become valuable in the years ahead for my kids and grandkids. I am not getting anywhere here on this board...so my question is... DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A COIN BUYER IN THE TRAVERSE CITY OR CADILLAC MICHIGAN AREA? PLEASE PM IF YOU DO. THANKS. I MEAN IT HAS BEEN REALLY FUN READING ALL YOUR POSTS AND COMMUNICATING WITH YOU VERY DIVERSE AND ODD PEOPLE BUT I HATE ALL THAT IS INVOLVED HERE... I AM NOT A COLLECTOR..I WANT OUT...THANKS AGAIN.
" There has never been a good war or a bad peace " B. Franklin

Comments

• Options
    if i were you i would look in ur phone book for a coin dealer and sell your coins to him, or u can try e-bay
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of a negative way to ask for help.

stman
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    Stman is there a positive way to say u have to sell your childhood collection? image
  • Options
    TheNumishTheNumish Posts: 1,628 ✭✭
    Depends a lot on the quality of the material you have. From the info you gave we can't be much help. Like KlectorKid said you can try the yellow pages. If memory serves me correctly there are a lot of shops in that part of the country. You're just going to have to take a day and show the coins to three dealers and get some bids. If there is a wide spread between bids you might want to get more. There shouldn't be more than a 10% difference between the top two. Otherwise it means the dealers are not bidding competively. It's also a good idea to tell the dealers your getting bids. That will make them more aggresive.
  • Options
    I understand that part, I took the part of him saying people here being diverse and odd as being negative. But thats just my take on it.

stman
  • Options
    we r diverse and odd but.. in a good way.. i think image
  • Options
    Agreed, no problem

stman
  • Options
    critocrito Posts: 1,735
    Go to the book store and buy a couple coin mags, there are plenty of ads from dealers buying. You mail them your coins, they mail you a check. you're done. richard nachbar has a full page ad in just about every issue of CoinWorld 1-877-622-4227. Don't really know anything about the guy tho.
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Coins & Collectibles Of Traverse City (800) 548-3036
    129 E State St, Traverse City, MI 49684

• Options
    Thank you all for your comments. I was not trying to be degrading at all. I am just not a coin collector so I don't want to deal with all of this. It is a very hard chore when I don't want to sell them in the first place and now I have to take a crash course in numismatics. I already had the address for the place in Traverse City. Thank you. I was basically talking about private collectors. I did some research on the place in TC and have not liked what I have heard but I may go there anyway. Please accept my aplogy if I offended anyone. I really, really did not mean to. I guess my frustration showed through in that posting?
  • Options
    DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A COIN BUYER IN THE TRAVERSE CITY OR CADILLAC MICHIGAN AREA?

Isn't Jade Coins in Michigan? They seem to have experience with the "estate" thing. Tell them Clifford sent you.
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    i got the answer - JADE COIN!!! they were in michigan, i remember.

www.cjade.com

good luck, but it sounds like your stroy is right up their allley ....

K S
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but is Jade Coins in the market for rolls of AU Ike dollars and dateless Buffalo Nickels?! image

peacockcoins

• Options
    mrdqmrdq Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
    PM me if you want my phone number, i'll be glad to either buy them or at LEAST appraise them for you. I'm in the Sault and go downstate regularly we can meet half way if you're in a hurry.

tom
    email me at

mr_dq@hotmail.com

--------T O M---------

-------------------------
  • Options
    p.s. i'm not a dealer, the appraisel is free (it MIGHT cost you lunch if I drive there, if you bring them to the Sault i'll buy you lunch image )

--------T O M---------

• Options
    I am sorry I must have missed this one between the PM's and threads and e-mails. When will you be comming near here again? I may take you up on that offer. I have a few of the pics posted on the BST forum. Thank you for your kindness.
  • Options
    I want to tip my hat to these members that are willing to go out of their way to help. And am sure angel813 that they will be more than fair with you. You ought to take them up on it. Sometimes we tend to hessitate on things and then miss out.

So as you see and I have learned here there really are people willing to help. And if they are like me they have probably been burned before with their kindness but still try.

BTW I think lunch should be on you if you decide to accept their help.

stman
  • Options
    I was close today image i was in Grayling for a Subway meeting! I'm going through a DQ audit right now (fun fun) that will last a couple days. If you drive up here I can meet you any time any day. otherwise....

I'm home for 9 days, in Calumet for 4 days, home for 2 days, Big Rapids for 2 days, home for 9 days, Wyoming for 12 days, home for 2 days, back to Grayling, home for a day, Chicago for 3 days, back home for 10 days, hunting for 15 days, then home for all of December. Give or take a day image

Email or PM me what you want to do. The guy with the coin shop in Petosky is a pretty decent guy and he'd give you the best price that a dealer could but not as much as a collector would nor as much as you might get on EBAY.

tom

--------T O M---------

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file