Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Best Coin store to sell coins in NYC/Long Island??

Where is the best place to sell my raw morgan dollars that are in Mint state in the New York Metro/ Long Island area? I also have some Mexican Libertads as well.........

Eastern Numismatics in Garden City was the best (in my opinion) around 5 years ago............is this still the case?

I certainly appreciate anyones time to answer my question. I am absolutely disgusted I have to sell right now knowing that silver is only going to go up but I need the money to pay off my credit card bills.....................

Thanks once again!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Why not try selling them here or on eBay? You'll probably get more $.
  • Options

<< <i>Why not try selling them here or on eBay? You'll probably get more $. >>

I concur 100% the best way to sell coins is thru Ebay however I dont have the patience or time right now.

Thanks for your post.

• Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    First, you should turn on your PM function from your profile so that people can contact you.

In Manhattan you can check the ShowPlace Antiques, on 25th Street between 5th and 6th. There are two dealer's booth that have some silver.
    Or at Brigandi's on 44th between 5th and 6th.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    I would try here.

Northeast Numismatics, Inc.
    10 Jay Street, Ste. 706
    Brooklyn, NY 11201

Office hours by appointment only.

Phone

800-449-2646 (Main Office)
    978-369-9155 (Main Office)
    718-643-4383 (New York Office

http://www.northeastcoin.com
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Or go to the Parsippany, NJ coin show held the first Sunday each month. Unless you have only bullion, you'll do better there than a coin shop in my opinion.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martin Rubenstein Co
    1750 Sunrise Highway
    Bay Shore, NY 11706
    Fall National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. Thanksgiving Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Martin Rubenstein Co
    1750 Sunrise Highway
    Bay Shore, NY 11706 >>

Remember their old shop on Montauk Highway ?
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    sniocsusniocsu Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭
    The bay is a solid choice
  • Options

<< <i>First, you should turn on your PM function from your profile so that people can contact you.

In Manhattan you can check the ShowPlace Antiques, on 25th Street between 5th and 6th. There are two dealer's booth that have some silver.
    Or at Brigandi's on 44th between 5th and 6th. >>

My PM function has been turned on Thanks for pointing that out................

I also appreciate everyone elses input on dealers in the area.

Not being the sharpest knife in the kitchen drawer it would seem to me that the more volume a coin store moves the more inclined they are to pay slightly higher than a store that doesnt have any action. In the past, everytime I went to Eastern Numismatics there was always someone selling or buying, they always paid the most as well................

Stores change and so does management..............hopefully Eastern has not changed in the last few years. At any rate this is my last post for this thread so once again thanks for all the input. image
  • Options

<< <i>

1750 Sunrise Highway
    Bay Shore, NY 11706 >>

image >>

Very well indeed, on Main Street. Thats where I bought my first 1781 North American Token in F for $12. I miss Mel and Marty. The new shop on Sunrise is set up the same way. image The new guy John is very nice image

Best,
    Eric
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

1750 Sunrise Highway
    Bay Shore, NY 11706 >>

image >>

Very well indeed, on Main Street. Thats where I bought my first 1781 North American Token in F for $12. I miss Mel and Marty. The new shop on Sunrise is set up the same way. image The new guy John is very nice image

Best,
    Eric >>

I haven't been in the shop in many many years since I relocated off the Island. I always had a great relationship with the whole crew, but Mel in particular. People talk about dealers never giving anyone a fair shake, well these guys were always straight shooters as long as you were straight with them.
    Mel could look at a coin for 5 seconds and then go on for 3 minutes telling you about the coin.
    Good memories.
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file