Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Questions about a couple of Mickey Mantle cards

My knowledge of vintage is lacking to say the least. Does this card look legit? Some of the ones that I've seen on eBay seem "whiter" If it is, is it worth subbing? Any opinions on what it would grade out?

-1962 Post Canadian #5 Mickey Mantle

Does anyone have any idea what year this is? Beckett lists a "Rawlings" for 1961 and 1964-66. The ones that I've seen on eBay don't list a date. Is it legit? I guess if they aren't legit I'm not out much. I paid $28.00 for the pair. I've wasted money on much worse!

Comments

• Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    The Post card should be given a "authentic" grade since the black border is gone. It also looks like a little water damage. Don't know about the Mantle item.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I agree with what Doug said.

I never saw the Rawlings before.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    The other thing is a 1950s glove tag. A few have sold on ebay recently for $20-$60.
  • Options
    Loyalty32Loyalty32 Posts: 497 ✭✭✭
    Thank you folks. I really appreciate the info.

Thanks
    Craig
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    The glove tag is 100% fake. It's a photo/laser copy of a larger display piece shrunk down to a fake glove tag. Based on your picture the Post Canadian is a fake too. Look at both cards under magnification and you'll see scan lines or dots from modern photocopying.
  • Options
    Loyalty32Loyalty32 Posts: 497 ✭✭✭
    If that's the case, that sucks. I'll have to see if anyone I know has a loop. I appreciate the info.

Thanks
    Craig