Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Any opinions on the best way to hand cut a card from a sheet?

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
The card in question happens to sit in the middle of the sheet of 9 cards, no preforation involved. My concern is to try to not make it an O/C and protect the adjoining cards, as they are kinda rare as well. My inital thought is to use a straight edge and carefully drag an exacto knife across the entire sheet. It appears some have been very succesful with getting 10s after the submissions (so says the POP report)...any suggestions to improve the cut appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    never done it

I always had heard psa doesn't grade cut sheet cards.

I would see if a printer or place like staples might be able to do it with a high quality large paper cutter.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They HAVE TO grade the card, it's the only way you can get one. Many from this particular year and company have already been graded, but all have come from sheets from team sets. It just so happens the card I want is in the middle.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a steel ruler, 2 small "C" clamps and a "Cutter Bee" Knife and blades. Cutter Bee knives seem sharper and thinner than X-Acto's.

Clamp ruler onto sheet on a work table and carefully cut the cards out. You are going to be better off if you can find something to practice on.

Watch the angle of the blade and change blades frequently.

Good luck.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set