Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

we did a how many PMs do you have, how about how many different people have you PMed with here? I'll

2»

Comments

• Options
    MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭✭
    2378 with 130 fine folks.
    Derek

EAC 6024
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,762 ✭✭✭✭
    6166 PM's from 339 users.
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    230 members, 1170 messages.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    LogPotatoLogPotato Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭✭
    1092/68

I deleted a bunch when I first joined. I thought it was like most sites where you had to purge to keep from getting "full".
  • Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    163 messages with 27 members...

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    alohagaryalohagary Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    2251 pm from 220 people
    almost twice as many pms compared to post
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    8707 messages with 487 members... image

• Options
    WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am floored by some of these numbers!

Although I think someone posted that the number of PM's shown in your summary is both PM's you received AND PM's you sent. So perhaps my analysis below is off by a factor of 2.

So it appears there is a correlation between the number of years on CU and the number of PM's you have gotten (which is completely understandable).

On average most people seem to get between 500 and 2000 PM's a year. This is an incredible number, as it works out to between 2 and 6 PM's per day, every day, all year long.

One user got close to 6000 PM's PER YEAR for over 5 years (wow!) -- that works out to 16 PM's a day every day for 5+ years. Holy cow. There may be other posters on this thread that beat this number, I didn't go through all the posts that closely. But it's clear some are getting TONS and TONS of PMs. I had no idea there was so much PM traffic.

It almost seems like the CU PMs are being used like email. Or maybe this is more of a social networking website that I thought it was but it's isolated on the PM section.

It's an interesting study.

I did a quick look through of my PM's and found they generally fell in a few major categories:

1. I liked the coin you posted (where did you buy it and how much did you pay ... or what was the history)

2. I want to buy the coin you posted OR if you ever go to sell that coin, contact me!

3. "So and so" on the CU board was a REAL JERK for posting that to your thread or posting that about your post.

4. That coin you posted was doctored and PCGS should not have graded it (or was mis-graded by PCGS) and here's why

5. More detailed and esoteric numismatic discussion (or talking points) about a general topic I posted ... Educational, but too honest or controversial for public view.

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    14,855 with 500 people. I would never have guessed it was with that many people.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    718 messages to 135 different users.
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 with 5842 messages.
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    It seems, from the quantity of Members reporting "Exactly 500 different member PM's", that the
    actual number of members you have exchanged PM's with is likely a greater number.

Although, I also think the CU Forum only stores the last 500 members you conversed with!
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file