Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT..Komen Foundation Race for a Cure, Will you sponsor my kids and I? as we walk in memory of their

Hey everyone,

Michelle Nicole Kelley my wife, our mom, passed away on October 24th 2011 as most of you know. The 24th every year is recognized as National Breast Cancer Awareness Day. She battled breast cancer courageously for three and a half years. It's God's work I have to believe that of all the days she passed on, it was the day the country formally recognizes as Breast Cancer Awareness Day. Her fight and will to beat this horrible disease inspired many, many people.

Michelle endured many tough times throughout her fight, but she always maintained a smile and her humor. We will hold on to the wonderful times we shared with her, the memories, the laughs, the love. The Komen Race this year is more personal than ever to my children and I. It will be quite an emotional day for us, but we will with about 20,000 others participate in the race in her honor and memory.

Proudly this coming October 20th we will walk in the Race for the Cure in memory of Michelle, Amazing wife, and Devoted mother. I hope you will support this cause with us, join our team, and walk with us at this event if your able to. I realize many of you will not be able to, but any donational support for the Komen Foundation in her honor is more than appreciated. It just creates more steps to finding a cure.

Please consider making a tax-deductible donation today in support of our fundraising efforts.

You can donate online with your credit card by clicking the button above my fundraising thermometer. Please click the link below.

Komen Race for a Cure Kelley family in Memory and Honor of Michelle

We appreciate your support in this important personal event. Thank you to everyone who has supported us, helped us, and loved us, and donated already.
Love Mike, Tyla, Connor and Ryhan Kelley
God Bless
Miconelegacy Auctions
"Live everyday, don't throw it away"

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Best of luck. Thanks for getting involved by helping to find a cure.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Mike... After talking with you about your wife it didn't take long to figure out she was a Wonderful and Strong person. You and your kids will always be in my prayers.

Dustin
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike,

I am very sorry for your loss, I am sure it has been a very difficult 4 years for you. I have done the Race, for my mother, and I have also battled cancer, hang in there and try to stay strong for your kids. One day they will find a cure for this terrible illness.

BC
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Mike PM Sent
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    Not to hijack this thread. I work for Hyundai and Spetember is National Childhood Cancer Awareness month. Hyundai is a huge suppoter to find a cure. If anyone is interested we have awareness bracelets (blue rubber, similar to the Live Strong bracelets) and stickers. I can send you as many of each as you like. Just PM me.

Mike, your family will be in my prayers.
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    Good luck bro.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    double good luck bro. but no tazing at the event. Would be bad and possibly end up on the internet.
  • Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    Good luck Mike.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    can i paypal it?
    Derek
  • Options
    Mike has always been good with me and this board so anything I can do to help out. I figure we spend $25 on 2 drinks when were out on the weekend so whats $25 - especially since it will be going to a greater cause.

btw - I made a donation yesterday and it still doesnt appear on the list. Has anyone else had this issue? Can anyone confirm if it shows up automatically or does it have to get approved? I did get charged for it.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mike has always been good with me and this board so anything I can do to help out. I figure we spend $25 on 2 drinks when were out on the weekend so whats $25 - especially since it will be going to a greater cause.

btw - I made a donation yesterday and it still doesnt appear on the list. Has anyone else had this issue? Can anyone confirm if it shows up automatically or does it have to get approved? I did get charged for it. >>

Agreed $25 will be my magic number too.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

<< <i>btw - I made a donation yesterday and it still doesnt appear on the list. Has anyone else had this issue? Can anyone confirm if it shows up automatically or does it have to get approved? I did get charged for it. >>

There is a box next to the words "Yes, you can display the amount of my donation publicly" that needs to be checked off when you donate. Not sure if the "default" is checked or not.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I appreciate your sponsors toward this great cause. Ya know every big city has their own Komen race all across America. And I find a lot of people donate locally which I completely understand. This community, Charleston SC did so much for my wife, that I hope to raise 10K. I have 30 days left to do it.

All the money, goes directly into the community, and this community helped my wife so much for 3.5 years, so your donations are amazing. Thank You!!!!

Marc I'll donate another $25, but I'm putting MarcFoo on it....lol

Thanks again....image

And if you would rather do paypal, I can use my credit card for whatever amount, and it will show up in the scrolling amounts of donations Derek or anyone else. So you'll know it went toward the cause.

My paypal address is miconelegacy@gmail.com

Just give me a heads up...

Edit: Marc your all set... You know are known as Marc The Foo
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    Thanks Mike!

I had to call them. Wanted to make sure it applied to your goal. Maybe Doug was right but Im pretty darn sure it was defaulted to the correct setting. Oh well, glad it shows up now.

• Options
    Thanks for those who have sponsored us!!! Our goal is to raise $10,000 by the 20th of October.

If if you find it in your heart to make a donation of any size, it will go directly to Komen, and is a tax deduction.

I appreciate your support, whether its $5, $25, $50, $100 or more. It all goes towards the fight to find a cure.

This week alone 2 people I know had friends of theirs have bi lateral mastectomy's. Just an awful disease...

Thanks again for sponsoring my 3 kids and I. image
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    Thanks again to all of you for your support. Only 18 days to go, about 1/3 of the way toward the goal I set out to accomplish.

We appreciate your sponsorship.

For me this place has always been more than just some card forum.

Take care,

Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    Glad to see the fundraising is going well Mike. I'm sure Michelle will be looking down on you guys with a great big smile on her face!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Race is right around the corner.