Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Who's going to claim Washington Victory? !!

Perused the truviews in Coinfacts today, more than a casual glance as something is afoot.

Noticed that PCGS just made new top pop Washingtons.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNND................................

They finally made the illustrious 55D in MS67! !!image

Someone's got to either confess or take credit
I'd like my copper well done please!

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See my comment on the coin forum thread. More tomorrow. Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    CoppercolorCoppercolor Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭
    I'll check back.
  • Options
    I had previously posted about the 55-D MS67 quarter on Coinfacts last month. It was a long time coming ... about 29 years of work to nail that particular one down.

Another spectacular Washington Quarter I recently slabbed was a 1954-D in PCGS-MS67+ with great color. While not quite as tough as the 55-D, locating a nice 54-D quarter in MS67 is no easy task to be sure (and finding one close to MS68 quality exceedingly tough). My goal for the next year is to get a great percentage of my silver quarters pictured on Coinfacts as a very large percentage of my coins are not on line yet.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As another Washington collector trying to climb the ladder but in the Proofs I have to say a Congrats to you for spending the time and effort it takes to build such a set. I can see how you got hooked as I still have a few 40 or more rolls from mom and dads stash and love to open those rolls with amazement each time. I decided to do the proofs as its a short set and hopefully can complete in my lifetime. Enjoy tom image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    Tom: Thank you.

What year proofs are you working on?

Wondercoin
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1936 to 1964 I just picked off a 1953 67 cameo from teletrade last night to add and have a few more that should get me into number 7 spot and its been a fun project for me and no hurry. 1936 to 1964 proof washington Need to start getting pictures put up too Enjoy tom image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    docgdocg Posts: 528 ✭✭
    Nice job Mitch. It is about time!
  • Options
    Thanks Docg!

Wondercoin
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations, Mitch, on your #1 set. It'd be great to see them!

Ya basta!
  • Options
    Thanks David! If I do end up carrying the crown for the next year, I will try to do so with the poise and grace that you have for the past handful of years. You have an incredible collection!

Wondercoin
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    Congrats!!!!
    Love them 25c's
  • Options
    docgdocg Posts: 528 ✭✭
    Damn,
    I would love to see both your 1932-64 and 1965-1998 sets in person! So many single specimen TOP POP coins. A very impressive collection!

docg

Barry Gardner
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Wondercoin,
    Great coin!! All of those D mints in the mid 50s are extremely tough to find!!!image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    "I hope Dpoole comes back and wins the title back, certainly one of the GOOD guys around here."

I agree with ... a very good guy with a great collection of coins.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    pantherpanther Posts: 395

<< <i>Damn,
    I would love to see both your 1932-64 and 1965-1998 sets in person! So many single specimen TOP POP coins. A very impressive collection!

docg

Barry Gardner >>

I would love to see all of the top sets. If not in person at least posted in the registry with pictures of the coins.

I have always loved to look at David Poole's set and ManofCoins retired set along with quattrocoins Set.

• Options
    CoppercolorCoppercolor Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Damn,

docg

Barry Gardner >>

I would love to see all of the top sets. If not in person at least posted in the registry with pictures of the coins.

I have always loved to look at David Poole's set and ManofCoins retired set along with quattrocoins Set. >>

+1 and !!!
  • Options
    As I said earlier, this is a priority for me this coming year. I would love to see them as well while sitting at home!

Wondercoin