Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Fine Coins with Barry Chappell

DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭
I've been auditing this charlatan's show on DirecTV only to find that his wares are questionable and his prices are horrendously over priced. Only to be insulted with his "ArtofCoinTV" fellow charlatan co-host "D.Bag", absent a real ID for this other chalatan
"Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES

Comments

• Options
    Host not selling knives anymore.

I'm pretty sure this guy now does the coin show with Barry. Haven't seen Jimmy Gerstel in a while.
  • Options
    JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭
    JimmyGerstel has his own show now.
    On Direct TV channel 319 on this Monday at 9:00pm edst.
  • Options
    BUFFNIXXBUFFNIXX Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ""I've been auditing this charlatan's show on DirecTV only to find that his wares are questionable and his prices are horrendously over priced. Only to be insulted with his "ArtofCoinTV" fellow charlatan co-host "D.Bag", absent a real ID for this other chalatan""

You are lacking specifics here. Hey, if you do not like the guy or his wares then why even watch? We know that anything sold over the tube whether direct tv or other is over priced -- its just a matter of how many multiples. If you call someone a charlatan you had better have specific examples. Is this kind of comment really worth a thread?

Collector of Buffalo Nickels and other 20th century United States Coinage
    a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"
  • Options
    DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

<< <i>""I've been auditing this charlatan's show on DirecTV only to find that his wares are questionable and his prices are horrendously over priced. Only to be insulted with his "ArtofCoinTV" fellow charlatan co-host "D.Bag", absent a real ID for this other chalatan""

You are lacking specifics here. Hey, if you do not like the guy or his wares then why even watch? We know that anything sold over the tube whether direct tv or other is over priced -- its just a matter of how many multiples. If you call someone a charlatan you had better have specific examples. Is this kind of comment really worth a thread? >>

To answer your question "why even watch", if you read my OP, I was "auditing" his show, which means I was giving his wares and his selling approach a fair shake. After which I determined that he's a 'charlatan' which is one who preys on the unwary. The fact that you acknowledge that his prices are a mere "matter of multiples" higher than standard market prices would give evidence that you agree. No specific examples are required here. Just watch the guy's show and decide for yourself.

Cheers!

Kirk
    "Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well watching the boob tube does leave one open to boobing.image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file