Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Charles dickens coin

Hey guys.

I have a charles dickens two pound coin, the milling on the side is the correct way up. Will looks to be spelt WIII. The dots around the queens head
disappear half way around, the writing around the 0queens head is very low compared to the design intended. The writing on the reverse is doubled or looks to be striked twice. I have weighed it and it's the exact same as the composition on the royal mint site. I just want to hear peoples opinions and if anyone knows the value of these?

Comments

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll need to stop the images from flipping around so we can take a look. So far, it looks like you have a damaged coin.

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the OP is in the United Kingdom, he has two pounds.

If he is not in the U.K., he has rather less than that.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well that is interesting. I guess the mystery metal lessens value? Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neat !!! :)

Timbuk3