Home Sports Talk
Options

NHL Finals

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Am not a huge hockey fan, but always like to watch a Finals in hockey or basketball regardless of the teams. Usually the final 2 teams go all out, so there is a lot of action/drama.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was a GREAT game to watch as a fan . Game one to Vegas

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

I enjoyed it as well.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

I knew I should have put a grand on Vegas at the start of the season. What a return that could be!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:
    I knew I should have put a grand on Vegas at the start of the season. What a return that could be!

500-1

Indeed

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

How about that pre-game show!? Love it or hate it that is VEGAS! Go Knights!

https://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2018/5/28/17403242/vegas-golden-knights-pregame-stanley-cup

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

GREAT game!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m not an NHL guy but I am rooting for The Golden Knights

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Followed the Wings while in Detroit. Telling though that the NBA thread gets 1200 posts vs 8 for the NHL

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the Wings were in it I'd be watching. MI born blood runs deep even in the dirty south.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DrBuster said:
    If the Wings were in it I'd be watching. MI born blood runs deep even in the dirty south.

I go back to the Olympia days. Quite a barn.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@DrBuster said:

I go back to the Olympia days. Quite a barn.

My first job was at Olympia parking cars at the age of 14 with no drivers license. The ushers would let us in mid way through the first period and we had to be out by the middle of the third. Best job I ever had

m

• Options
    edited June 6, 2018 11:33AM

The last MI, non-Wings hockey I saw was during my NMU days up in Marquette. National Champs my first year up there, good stuff watching them play in the tiny city rink during the season.

• Options

@DrBuster said:
    The last MI, non-Wings hockey I saw was during my NMU days up in Marquette. National Champs my first year up there, good stuff watching them play in the tiny city rink during the season.

I love all for times I’ve spent in Marquette. I could easily live there. My wife not so much

m

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DrBuster said:

I love all for times I’ve spent in Marquette. I could easily live there. My wife not so much

m

I enjoyed my time up there but there is probably a less than zero percent chance I'll wind up in the U.P. ever again. A couple cold college years there, and a year in the Soo as a kid is enough for me. It is beautiful country though and that lake is an absolute monster with a winter storm whipping it up.

• Options

What a donnybrook just before the end of the 2nd period.

• Options
    edited June 7, 2018 8:16PM

Congrats to the Caps! I’m really happy for Olie

m