mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

ESPN coverage...nice!

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭

I wasn't me. B)

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

If I had $99,000 to spend on cards it wouldn't be anything before 1970.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice to see the card was paid for.

Final bidding looked a little suspicious with the bid retraction or cancellation with very little time to go.

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Underibidder has 14 retractions; essentially more retractions than he has bids. scumbag IMO. High bidder pulls a cancellation at 11th hour; leaving 2nd place bidder holding the goods. Classic e-bay song and dance.

But them are the rules my friends. We can all scream and yell, but be assured this is happening 2X as much at the AH's, where these shinanagins are blind to the sheep bidders.

Bottom line, if you want to bid on high dollar cards, put your big-boy pants on.

BTW, is this card in the PWCC "index"?

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sdub said:
    Underibidder has 14 retractions; essentially more retractions than he has bids. scumbag IMO. High bidder pulls a cancellation at 11th hour; leaving 2nd place bidder holding the goods. Classic e-bay song and dance.

But them are the rules my friends. We can all scream and yell, but be assured this is happening 2X as much at the AH's, where these shinanagins are blind to the sheep bidders.

Bottom line, if you want to bid on high dollar cards, put your big-boy pants on.

BTW, is this card in the PWCC "index"?

The last second bid wasn't retracted, it was cancelled by PWCC.

Arthur

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking of the multitudes of different cards, or cars, I would buy before that 1993 SP Jeter B)

• Options
    GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

I collect HOF rookies, and as a general rule I shoot to get the grade for the decade. ie, 90's in PSA 9, 80s in PSA 8, 70s in PSA7. Its a pretty good (affordable) strategy until you get to the 50s. But I dont see myself shelling out $3k for 9 on this card when Jeter makes it on the first ballot. I'll take the $150 PSA7 thanks very much.