Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Buyer beware, a lot of reprints coming to market

maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

Came across this seller that is selling a lot of reprint cards and reproduced souvenir baseballs.

https://ebay.com/sch/mancaved65/m.html?item=263708313332&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

There are quite a few high profile items that could easily be passed of as genuine. Do I think someone is going to believe a signed Goudey Ruth is real? No, but someone may get duped by a reprint Jeter minor league card or 1987 Barry Bonds Opening Day error. No doubt that things like these are bad for the hobby and I hope that none are able to pass TPG.

Comments

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    edited May 25, 2018 7:35PM

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    SpinFadeSplash23SpinFadeSplash23 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

I noticed on my local Craigslist people selling reprints in altered PSA cases. They are selling them as reprints, but having them on the market still erodes at the overall confidence in the PSA brand. The person buying these would likely try to scam their next customer.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

I don't see how Ebay allows this. That stuff needs to go to the nearest incinerator.

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

I asked about where these came from, this is the response. I for one am not buying it.

“I buy these from a company in Las Vegas who specializes in sports bar decor across the country. They are really nice cards.“

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, this reprint nonsense on Ebay is a bit out of control right now.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SpinFadeSplash23 said:
    I noticed on my local Craigslist people selling reprints in altered PSA cases. They are selling them as reprints, but having them on the market still erodes at the overall confidence in the PSA brand. The person buying these would likely try to scam their next customer.

I noticed the same thing on my local Craigslist in searching for card offers.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

The only people who hate reprints, are the people who can afford the originals lol.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED