Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Anybody want to buy a cool token (Thread closing, 10% off remaining stock) LAST BUMP

13»

Comments

• DCWDCW Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

TTT

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

Up for sale are three interesting military commemorative medals from New Jersey:
    1881 Armory Fair of the 9th Regiment of the New Jersey National Guard, Uncirculated 27mm.
    Two 1887 First Brigade New Jersey National Guard encampment at Sea Girt, New Jersey, About Uncirculated, pierced for suspension 33 and 35mm, respectively. $125, shipped

These were from the Robert Adam Collection

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

TTT

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

Ft Niagara, NY Post Exchange Good For 5 cents in Trade, $150

An interesting post exchange token from upstate New York, dating to the early 1900s.
    A lot of history in these old military tokens. One can just imagine a soldier slapping one of these babies down for a cold drink at the "PX."
    While post exchanges in the military remain, these metal tokens as a medium for change are long gone and now quite collectable.
    This is an attractive piece!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

edited December 8, 2021 4:40PM

NY-630AQ-3b Brass PE Gustavus Lindenmueller NY, R9 PCGS MS65 ex. Rossa, QDB- SOLD

Here is a RARE one.
    Alot of people consider the quarter size Lindenmueller tokens quintessential to the CWT series. The iconic depiction of Gustavus Lindenmueller himself graces the obverse, sporting the Duck Dynasty beard. In copper, they have to be the most common Civil War token out there. Perhaps minted into the hundreds of thousands. Not so in brass, where examples like this one come few and far between with only a handful known. This has to be the finest example extant, a full MS65 gem loaded with eye appeal, and having been locked away in the personal collection of Rich Rossa and Q. David Bowers.
    If you wanted just one example of this famous token for a special collection, this one would be hard to beat.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

I've decided to bump this thread a few more times this week and then call it quits, as the interest just doesn't seem to be on the BST.

If you were thinking about picking up anything in this long thread, take 10% off of anything that is still available! 🙂

Next week, I will pull my tail between my legs and saunter back onto eBay.
    (A move I had hoped to avoid, but they have the eyeballs.)

Thank you all for looking and please contact me with anything you might be looking for. I'll still be buying and selling in the future

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

Sold a few, thank you.
    Tokens with prices are still available, folks!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

• kazkaz Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

Received my 2 items today, very happy with my purchases. Dennis is great to work with!

Bump, let's make some deals!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

One last bump-tokens and medals with prices are still available. Thanks for all the purchases and please look for more exonumia on eBay under "D.C.W." Im heading back there Should I ever get my website going, you'll know where to find me 🙃
    I'll probably list some things from time to time in BST in single threads, but this mega thread has run its course.
    So, thanks for following along and thanks for the comments.
    Happy collecting,
    Den

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia