Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Blowout Forum

Hi All,

This might be frowned-upon by referencing another board, but I'm looking to see if anyone has good contact information for an admin at Blowout's forum. There are a couple of threads over there that piqued my interest, but I haven't been granted the ability to post yet for two weeks now. I've tried email, but have not gotten a response. Does anyone have a better way of getting in touch with an admin there?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭

It took a while for me to get added, too. I sent the admin a reminder email through the Contact Us link.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2018 10:42PM

same issue here when I joined. took two weeks before a followup email made it to an admin and was promptly approved. this is the link I finally found with the email that finally got me approved quickly.

check this link, Houdini is one of the Admin.

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=786879

"1. The usernames/logins for this message board are separate from the blowoutcards.com store website. You will have to register separately on this forum to be able to post.

1. After registering, you should receive an activation email from us. That email includes a link that you can click to activate your account. If you did not receive the activation email, please check your SPAM or JUNK folder to see if our email was filtered out. Click here to have the codes resent to you: Blowout Cards Forums - Email Activation Codes

If you do not have it, please whitelist our email address. Directions can be found here: Whitelist Instructions

If you still can't find it, please email forum@blowoutcards.com and supply a new email address to use with your account. Sometimes we have trouble with yahoo.com emails for some reason.

1. Once you are activated, you will be placed in moderation. That means you can login, but you can not post. We try to approve members that are in moderation ~3 times a week - so that means you might be waiting a couple minutes or a couple days.

The best way to get your account approved faster is by updating your details. Click here Edit Your Details and add your eBay and/or COMC username. Also add information to the biography and interests sections.

Many spammers create accounts each and every day. We have to research each account individually to make sure it is a real collector and not just another spammer.

If your account is not approved within 72 hours, please email forum@blowoutcards.com with your username."

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

It takes a week or 2 to activate newc accounts for some reason

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the responses. I did email that forum@blowoutcards.com address about a week ago, as well as enter some of my personal information, but I haven’t been approved or received a response back yet. ☹️

• Options

@lahmejoon said:
    Thanks for the responses. I did email that forum@blowoutcards.com address about a week ago, as well as enter some of my personal information, but I haven’t been approved or received a response back yet. ☹️

eh holiday weekend

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭

If you post buy lists, be prepared for people trying to sell cards that aren’t on your lists. That drives me nuts.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

I always thought that Blowout was the enemy? Has it gotten better? I used to read somewhat over there, but haven’t in a while admittedly...

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

@Gemyanks10 said:
    I always thought that Blowout was the enemy? Has it gotten better? I used to read somewhat over there, but haven’t in a while admittedly...

I’m not sure why it would be considered the enemy. I find it to be a pretty different board on the whole with the Baird slanted toward modern cards, where as these boards tend to be more vintage focused. I will say this, it’s a very active board. I enjoy it.

As many others have said, it took a couple weeks to get approved.

Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

The threads that interest me there are some of the COMC discussions. The board, in general, is skewed toward modern stuff, but there are some interesting things from time to time.

• Options

sure its skewed towards modern cards, but they have individual sections for vintage and even a grading one. the only thing I would like to see is a specific forum for rare 90's cards and inserts as theres a huge market for them, and posts regarding them get buried in the main forum. however, we have FCB for that I guess.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    spanky74spanky74 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

I gave up trying to join years ago after about 5-10 emails sent asking for permission. Shouldn't be that hard.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

IIRC I did not have to wait more than 1 week.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think most boards make a waiting period so people aren't creating multiple accounts in the heat of passion to serve a purpose in a particular thread. After two weeks, most people chill out and forget about it. If you're still emailing them about it, you must be legit and want an account. Just my guess.

I like Blowout. As most have said, they're more modern than here but I've always found them knowledgeable about what they discuss and generous with their knowledge.

Arthur

• Options
    FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 467 ✭✭✭

@ReggieCleveland said:
    I think most boards make a waiting period so people aren't creating multiple accounts in the heat of passion to serve a purpose in a particular thread.

I think you nailed it. Kind of like a firearm waiting period to prevent Bryan Colangelo burner/troll accounts. o:)

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Arthur-- I practically live to serve a purpose in some thread :)

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bishop said:
    Arthur-- I practically live to serve a purpose in some thread :)

+1

Mike
  • Options
    prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭

@FirstBeard said:
    I think you nailed it. Kind of like a firearm waiting period to prevent Bryan Colangelo burner/troll accounts. o:)

As an aside, I just finished reading about this on the ringer... what a jerk.

• Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

I used to be a member of blowout but not anymore. The mods are idiots.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7"

Could be any number of reasons for the delay. The owner is using one of the best forum software available that's not custom made, even though it's an older version.

That site has Google affiliate commission clicks at the top. My guess is the owner thought years ago that he could earn a lot of money off the forum, perhaps one day quit his day job.

As it turns out, virtually all internet forums such as that, earn very little money. Lucky if ya make a few hundred dollars a month, and the server fees eat into that profit. Plus with the time and effort put into it to maintain it properly, it can be a tiresome endeavor unless ya have a real passion for the subject.

I've seen a few big internet forums, not sports related, close this past year, because of the cost and effort involved versus the meager profits. Plus the competition of others such as Facebook, etc.

So my guess is the owner over the years has tired a bit of doing this. But still has some desire to maintain it, but will do it at his leisure, not really caring that much if new members come on board or not.

That forum software does have the capability to use Captcha and other means to prevent spammers, so he could adjust the sign-in procedure to basically be instant as most forums do these days, but for some reason he chooses not to do that.

Looks like a very interesting forum. For me, I'm just going to stick with CU here because I also like coins. I already spend too much time on the internet anyway. :)

• Options

the issue is the forum software doesn't generate the necessary automated email that you need to click the link for verification. there may be something wrong with it, but they are aware its an issue hence the forum FAQ post stating if you don't get it, to email the admin.

either way, I followed this step after waiting two weeks and was promptly approved.

myslabs.to/smzcards