Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

NEWP Graded- Toned Canadian and Chinese

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my new coins that just got graded, Only 10 days since PCGS received it, so super quick turnaround time. I'm super happy about how this order turned out, and the trueview were absolutely beautiful.

1890-H Canada 25 Cents PCGS AU-58
I bought this coin in a Colonial Acres auction for 450, previously in an ICCS AU-50. I mainly submitted to capture the nice images, but an upgrade is very nice as well. I was going to sell this one, but now I'm having second thoughts lol

The second coin is a 1938 China Meng Chiang 5 Chiao.
Bought for 30, mainly submitted for authentication. Pumped that it got such a high grade and decent value. Beautiful coin too.

I can't wait to get these back in their new holders next week!
Please post any recent graded coins or any toned Canadian/Chinese.
Thanks,
Peter Z

Comments

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Canadian quarter is gorgeous! It also appears to have been too conservatively graded, in my opinion and based only upon the images, for the previously assigned AU50 grade. Here is a wonderfully toned Canadian dime for your thread-

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is my only Canadian: (graded)

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have some modern Chinese pandas graded:

• Options
    OboneObone Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

Great Coins Everyone, @TomB Love the color on that, @asheland Nice gold, always wanted a Canada $10 Gold Piece.
    This just came back for me today too!
    1893 Canada 5 Cents PCGS AU-58 (Cross graded from ICCS AU-58)

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the toning on your Canadian pieces, especially the quarter!

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet, thank you for sharing !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

You use the words Canadian and Chinese in the same sentence and I have a powerful flashback to the time I was way way up in Newfoundland , near where the vikings landed, L'anse Aux Meadows I believe. Something possessed me to eat Chinese food and I barely survived the incident. There was a ghastly batter encased chicken of some sort in a red sauce that had a kind of radioactive glow. I called it Chernobyl chicken .

Still regret that meal to this day 25 years later. I was hitchhiking so when you arrive on foot to a restaurant you kind of have to bite the bullet.

The guy that picked me up offered to dump me off at pizza delight , I could have had a donair :s , that was a wise man I should have listened