Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What has happened to Sean (Ebay id - investinbaseball)?

dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

Some of you know him from these boards- I forget his banned forum id- others may know him from the wide selection of sports cards for sale on ebay. He had excellent customer service (my experience) and always had plenty of vintage cards both graded and raw.
I know his personality rubbed some the wrong way so no snide remarks necessary. No ebay inventory in over a month. I'm just curious if anyone knows what the deal is.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball

Comments

• Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sean is doing great; I talk with him consistently. He has been transitioning into some new businesses. As to cards, he is still very actively buying via Invest In Baseball, though not selling much.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

Good to know. Thanks.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not trying to hijack the thread, but what happened with feartheterps as well? I know he was banned from here at some point, but was still active on eBay after that. There aren't any items for sale nor completed listings from him.

• Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

@maddux69 said:
    Not trying to hijack the thread, but what happened with feartheterps as well? I know he was banned from here at some point, but was still active on eBay after that. There aren't any items for sale nor completed listings from him.

I’ve bought a lot from Lee in the past and yes he was once an extremely prominent member here and one that I enjoyed reading. Now that you mentioned it, I haven’t seen anything for sale from him in a little bit and I have him as a “saved seller” on eBay. I hope he is ok and doing well.

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@maddux69 said:

I might be wrong but try eBay ID: rhscards.

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 16, 2018 7:53PM

He was one of the first dudes I spoke with on these boards many years ago...

Did really well for himself from selling a psa 9 Pete Rose Rookie for $150,000 + and Winning Probstein’s chocolate eating contest lol

• Options
    81 Topps Guy81 Topps Guy Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

I had bought quite a few cards from Lee (feartheterps) as well. I would imagine some of the smaller and maybe even middle of the road sellers have been slowed down by the latest PSA turnaround times. Gone are the days of spending some money, subbing the cards, and selling them quickly to recoup the cash. I know it has changed the mindset of a few sellers

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hyperchipper09 said:

@maddux69 said:

You are correct. I purchased something from Lee not too long ago and "rhscards" is his new eBay ID.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2018 12:48PM

@81 Topps Guy said:
    I had bought quite a few cards from Lee (feartheterps) as well. I would imagine some of the smaller and maybe even middle of the road sellers have been slowed down by the latest PSA turnaround times. Gone are the days of spending some money, subbing the cards, and selling them quickly to recoup the cash. I know it has changed the mindset of a few sellers

Had never correlated turnaround times with inventory - but I have noticed that there is less I want to buy than there used to be. The last EBay coupon had me really scrambling to find something and it used to be there were tons of buy it now choices just slightly over market price that a 10% discount made me want.

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@divecchia said:

@hyperchipper09 said:

@maddux69 said:

You are correct. I purchased something from Lee not too long ago and "rhscards" is his new eBay ID.

Donato

He's a seller I like to turn to for some odd / oddball pop 1's or low pops. He's a great seller also

• Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

Sean is a good dude. We met up in person once when I was in his neck of the woods, long before he started Invest In Baseball. I kept meaning to do a bulk sale to him, but never could get my list together.

2.5 is pretty much my speed.