Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

I'm done bidding on the Superior Auction

Looks like I'll be able to go to bed on time. The two red man cards I needed for my sets are flying
up in price.

Mathews Psa 8

Ashburn Psa 8

Memorylane had these cards at a grand a piece. The Ashburn is ok. The Mathews was the card I really wanted. But not at that price. These cards usually sell at Smr in eights. These are double already!
Man I'm bummed!

I hope you guys have better luck with items you might need. Maybe this is a good indication
that some of the sellers like gemmintman and gaspipe26 will get their prices too. Good luck!

I thought we were in a recession!

imageimageimage aconte

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I was bidding on the Ashburn this morning when it just flew away. Oh well. There are still one or two deals in the auction I may pursue -- but I think I'll have to put the Ashburn Red Man on a project for another year!

Such a beautiful card -- such a classy player!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    I'm through also. I had my eye on the '68 Cepeda and '68 Gibson Gem Mint 10s. They are out of reach now. I will be bidding for a friend who lives in California so that he can skip paying sales tax. So "Dude's Import/Export Service" will be in full operation tonight.
  • Options
    I received the dreaded "Update From Superior" email on the last lot that I was interested in. I had thought that i was being quite heroic, with enough of a margin so I would not have to have a late nighter.
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Yes the honeymoon's over. I picked up some PSA 8 vintage Mantles in the past two Superior auctions at well below SMR. I expected the same this time, especially since the auction catalog seemed to be downsized, with Superior stuff stuck on the back pages. Unfortunately, prices are back up [1958 PSA 8 Mantle is already at $2625] and then you have to add the 15%. Guess it's back to EBAY.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I'm still high on one lot -- let's keep my fingers crossed.

The two Ashburn cards I was following have exploded, and the 1973 Phillies Team card seems to be quite high -- perhaps some other time.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    I'm with you guys. They whizzed by like a freight passing a hobo. Discouraging, but hey, whaddaya gonna do?
    Dom

If I'm buying it's PRICELESS. If I'm selling, it's WORTHLESS.

Looking for 1984 Donruss -
    #238 Keith Hernandez PSA 10
    -----------------and
    #637 Omar Moreno PSA 9 or 10.

• Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Aconte,
    I know your feeling. How do you think I felt when SportscardsPlus auction had a 1954 Wilson Weiner Gil Hodges PSA 8? The SMR is $2100. I thought I would go deep and bid $4100. I was close to getting it. Hodges sold for $11,000. You think you are bummed. How in the world am I going to pick up that card in an Eight without robbing a bank.

Leo
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    I was able to pick up a well centered PSA 7 Ted Williams from 1941 Double Play for less than SMR! I'm pretty pumped about it!

missinglinks

Currently working on:
    *1941 Double Play
    *500 Home Run Rookie Cards

Always Upgrading
    *1954 Dan Dee
    *1959 Fleer Three Stooges