Home Sports Talk

Why Patrick Roy left Montreal

electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

Being french Canadian has it's advantages especially when hearing news about the Habs,there is a very popular talk show on RDS the french sport channel and on the anniversary of Roy leaving the team Mario Tremblay mentioned the he regretted keeping Patrick in the net while being shelled by the Wings at a home game but there was a reason he did this...when Mario had his first practise with the team as the new head coach he Mario spoke with such a bad English accent Roy centered him out by laughing loudly at him in front of the team and i think Mario was to get his revenge by embarassing Roy he kept him between the pipes while being shellacked by the Red Wings after the game while we watched on T.V Roy went to the Ronald Corey the president of the team and told him he will never play another game for les glorieux,it worked out well for Roy because he won another two cups with Colorado.

Tagged:

Comments

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn’t the Wings put something like 10 goals up on Roy? I remember watching in disbelief that he was still in there

M

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2018 1:53PM

yes they did justacommonman, for hockey collectors i invite you to look at my Montreal Canadiens hockey card collection in the registry under the name rocket52

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad he left , i hated when the bruins played against him. Funny that he went to the team that had been Quebec though.

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 10, 2018 2:05AM

@Justacommeman said:
    Didn’t the Wings put something like 10 goals up on Roy? I remember watching in disbelief that he was still in there

M

It was 9 :) Detroit scored two more on the backup. The highlights from that game are ridiculous. The Russian Five for the Red Wings look like they're playing against a midget team. Just absolute, sheer, total dominance.

Roy, of course, got the last laugh that season with a Cup win and a series win over Detroit that kicked off the best rivalry in pro sports of the last 25 years.