Home Q & A Forum
Options

2001D North Carolina Quater Error or Just got ran over?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I find a coin tails up while running, I pick it up and toss it over my shoulder for someone else to find. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

Well I found it in a roll of quarters so wasn’t going to toss it I’ll use it if anything lol

• Options

@thefinn said:
    Looks like post-mint damage (PMD).

Really ... see I’m new and don’t really know much but I would love to know

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Namvet69 can you give us more detail on the shoulder toss. Is it same side as hand holding or do you cross train throw it while looking forward. Does it matter if anyone is running behind you?

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

PMD. I don't see any way the minting process could have produced that.

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tiamarielacore253 said:

@thefinn said:
    Looks like post-mint damage (PMD).

Really ... see I’m new and don’t really know much but I would love to know

The best test to use is: could I replicate this damage somehow? Could I smash it between two coins to transfer the design, could I use a tool to clip off part of the metal? There are some good websites if you search for error coins that show different examples. Here's one: http://varietyerrors.com/coin-price-guide/

Good luck and stay curious!

thefinn
  • Options

Hi is that an error? I have one like that. Thanks
    ~Sid