Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

PSA Turn-around time

The PSA turn-around time seems to have increased dramatically; very frustrating. I guess being a public company and needing to hit profit targets has resulted in not hiring customer service employees. Makes me at times wonder why I participate.

Comments

• Options

I'm at over 2 months for regular dual service. Supposed to be 21 days. And I have another in the pipeline. Ho hum...

• Options
    Derek07Derek07 Posts: 11

just awful......

• Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

I'm on business 58 on bulk sub 130 cards

# 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options

From the PSA website:
    Please note that the turnaround time starts when the submission has been entered, not when the package was received. Well, my card was received by them a month ago, and still has not been entered into the system. Their stock is down 47% over the last 12 months, and, for the last reported quarter, profit was down by half. Maybe they are cutting back on service people to try and hit profit targets?

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

What service level are you talking about? Because I just got back an eight card reholder order that took right around one calendar month from the time they received it. Maybe reholders are quicker because no grading is involved, I was expecting a long wait.

• Options
    ndwsndws Posts: 132 ✭✭

I just did the 15 card freebie submission, and my turnaround time was a little over 2 weeks, maybe 3 from the time I sent it off. I had a card that probably hit research to, because I think I had it listed incorrectly on my form, which probably slowed it down a little too.

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

@Derek07 said:
    From the PSA website:
    Please note that the turnaround time starts when the submission has been entered, not when the package was received. Well, my card was received by them a month ago, and still has not been entered into the system. Their stock is down 47% over the last 12 months, and, for the last reported quarter, profit was down by half. Maybe they are cutting back on service people to try and hit profit targets?

The CEO has stated in a post on this forum that they are hiring new personnel and cross-training current employees to help with the backlogs. Stock is down most likely because of a large cut in the dividend. The cut in the dividend was likely to hold onto cash needed for hiring and training new employees. Wait times will improve but it'll take some time.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball