Options

Fancy dollar serial number

If anyone is intrested its on ebay currently at 100.00 usd

Comments

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2018 5:21PM

cool

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    FancycashcomFancycashcom Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

Wow! Do you have a price you will sell direct for?

Specializing in Low, High, Fancy & Matching Serial US Currency, with a special hoard of BEP Premium Sets & Products. Also modern coin rarities.

Fancycashcom on Ebay: myurl

fancycashcom@gmail.com
  • Options
    PaperboyPaperboy Posts: 12 ✭✭

Please provide the eBay Item #.

• Options

And what is the Ebay link?

Specializing in Low, High, Fancy & Matching Serial US Currency, with a special hoard of BEP Premium Sets & Products. Also modern coin rarities.

fancycashcom@gmail.com
  • Options

I took it down to do more research and present it more formally im sorry guys its the biggest find of my life i wanna make sure i dont give it up 5oo easy

• Options
    PaperboyPaperboy Posts: 12 ✭✭

If you re-list on eBay, I would suggest posting on this forum the Item # or a Link to the listing!

• Options

Yes I agree with Paperboy.

What you have is a "Ten Million" Note. In GEM it would go for $1000-$1500 at public auction. In circulated condition like yours is in, which is VF, it should sell for $350-500, depending.

The one cool thing that it has going for it besides the fact that it is a Dallas district note, which appeals to some, is that it is a modern note....2013 Series. Since 1988, all notes ending in 4 or more 0s usually don't make it thru due to the printing and cutting process of the sheets of notes. Pretty cool that this one did.

Ebay is probably your best bet. You could always list it for a higher price, like $1000 and accept offers.

Please let me know when you try to sell it again. Good Luck!

fancycashcom@gmail.com
  • Options

I appciate all the feedback and info on this note it may end up at a public auction even tho the condition is VF I probably won't ever see another one so I wanna go big with it. If anyone is intrested in updates I will let you know how it turns out

• Options

You want to go big with it? What does that mean?

The note is what it is. It isn't the only ten million note in existence. Still awesome tho and rarer than #00000001s, tho prices don't reflect this.

And super awesome to just find it in circulation!

Please do keep us updated.

fancycashcom@gmail.com
  • Options
    Endeavor1967Endeavor1967 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

Lol this guy thinks he has the golden ticket. It’s cool and stuff but whatever!

• Options

It's a nice find and it's an uncommon note. If it was a #00000001 note it could fetch $3k-5k depending, so his excitement is understandable. Many aren't knowledgeable about the various fancy serial notes, their rarity and their value. He will find out thru his process, one way or another.

I remember how psyched I was to get a 7-of-kind 7s on a $20 from the ATM, or to be paid once for some protein powder with a $100 star radar. It's a cool feeling finding money for free.

All my 1976 $2 A-A block notes with double digit serials under A00000100A, one guy got for $2 each from his local little bank in a strap of Xmas money he annually took out. #A86A-A100A. He didn't realize how valuable they were. I won most via fierce bidding on Ebay and many of those further resold for almost twice what I paid. I still have quite a few of them.

Anyway, please keep us posted, if only for educational purposes on market and the end to a cool story.

This note is cooler than a normal ten million note because it truly shouldn't even exist and make it thru the BEP printing process and then get released into the banks. This is not like the majority of low and fancy serials that get pulled by people in between the BEP and the FED Bank distribution. Plus how many hands did it go thru before he found it? I had a $1 #1 with the same type of story for many years.

Good luck with it.

fancycashcom@gmail.com