Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1989 Bowman Tiffany

rdeffleyrdeffley Posts: 85 ✭✭

Sealed sets seem to sell like hotcakes still with hopes of pulling a PSA10 Griffey rookie. If you had a sealed 89 Bowman Tiffany set, would you break it open? Or keep it sealed and sell the set down the road?

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm keeping mine sealed for later.

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd sell mine and buy four '89 Fleer Glossy sets and rip them.

Arthur

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

I busted mine years ago and got a PSA 9.

I also busted two 89 Fleer Glossy sets and nailed a 10 so ripping, keeping sealed, or trading out as RC suggested could work.

I say rip it.

• Options

I was able to get a sealed 89 Fleer Glossy set for $130 on Ebay recently. So definitely a good deal. Unfortunately when I busted it, the Griffey was OC which I've heard is an issue with the set. Card looks fantastic otherwise though.

• Options

I recently busted open a 1989 Fleer Glossy set I got on Ebay for under $150. Not a bad deal. All the cards were in awesome shape. But sadly the Griffey was OC. I don't mind busting open this set because it is relatively inexpensive and you can still find a decent amount of sets out there for sale.

But..89 Bowman Tiffany sets are different. Not only are they far more rare, but they sell for GOOD money. Also there are actually a fair amount of PSA10 89 Griffey Bowman Tiffany cards on Ebay. They just sit there and no one bites. So in the end you crack open a set people are buying, to grade a card that no one wants to spend money on in PSA10. They'd rather spend less to get their own potential PSA10 than actually buy one. LOL

Now the thing I didn't mention is that I actually have the entire Topps Tiffany run sealed. This includes the regular and traded for 84-91 as well as the 89/90 Bowman Tiffany sets. So I'd like to eventually sell it as a whole lot to someone who wants the ultimate Topps Tiffany collection.