Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Best place for 80's wax?

I'm looking to pick up some wax boxes of cards from 1980-1985. Where is the best place to get them? ALSO - does anyone here have any for sale?

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!

Comments

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Baseball Card Exchange

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    CooptownCooptown Posts: 397 ✭✭✭

Baseball Card Exchange and its not even close. Just wrippef some 87 Donruss from them earlier today.

• Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

I've got extras. Raw/certified/fasc/closeout-What do you need?

• Options
    mouschimouschi Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

@initialD said:
    I've got extras. Raw/certified/fasc/closeout-What do you need?

Here is what I'm looking for at the moment :) - certified/fasc is best for me, but i think condition of the box and packs are even more so important.

1980 Topps
    1981 Donruss/Fleer/Topps
    1982 Donruss/Fleer/Topps
    1983 Donruss/Topps
    1984 Donruss/Fleer
    1985 Fleer/Topps

Those are at the top of my list at the moment anyway! I do want others such as

1986 Donruss/Fleer/Topps
    1989 Upper Deck
    1990 Leaf 1 & 2
    1991 Stadium Club All

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

Have these all available certified/fasc mint
    1980 Topps
    1981 Fleer/Topps
    1982 Topps
    1985 Topps
    1986 Donruss/Fleer
    1989 Upper Deck Lo#

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a 1982 Topps wax box for sale.
    James

• Options

@jfkheat said:
    I have a 1982 Topps wax box for sale.
    James

@initialD said:
    Have these all available certified/fasc mint
    1980 Topps
    1981 Fleer/Topps
    1982 Topps
    1985 Topps
    1986 Donruss/Fleer
    1989 Upper Deck Lo#

Pm sent you guys thanks!

• Options

Here is my first box! :D
    1983 Fleer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ujPXNTwguE

• Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2018 6:18PM

I'm at a loss how you would buy unopened that doesn't have Canseco in it. Shocking really.

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options

@Sdub said:
    I'm at a loss how you would buy unopened that doesn't have Canseco in it. Shocking really.

LOL right?! I love Canseco cards, which is obviously no secret, but it is the cardboard that gives me such a drive to collect.

• Options

Another Wax Review! This time, 1985 Donruss! http://youtu.be/kroIX_dnouk?hd=1

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hiya Tanner

I like the 83F set. And, the statement about collation wasn't hype. It took only 2 boxes to totally complete the set. I did a thread on it a ways back.

Here's the thread - you might remember after you see it: LINK.

My only criticism is that many of the cards are OC - so if one wanted to do a well centered set - ya gotta open loads of it or just go to someone who has a hoard of it.

Mike
  • Options

@Stone193 said:
    Hiya Tanner

I like the 83F set. And, the statement about collation wasn't hype. It took only 2 boxes to totally complete the set. I did a thread on it a ways back.

Here's the thread - you might remember after you see it: LINK.

My only criticism is that many of the cards are OC - so if one wanted to do a well centered set - ya gotta open loads of it or just go to someone who has a hoard of it.

I think I do remember seeing that link - great write up! I have fond memories of the 1983 Fleer Ripken ... I remember having it and keeping an eye on it in Beckett.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2018 5:26PM

Back in the early 90s, the Gwynn 83F was one my first pickups for the set that I never did.

That's why I decided to do it recently. It's never too late?

Can't explain, but I just liked the simple design and color of the set opposed to Topps.

Mike
  • Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 11:38AM

• Options

Thanks for your help guys!