Home U.S. Coin Forum

Need help...how to retrieve info from those auto saves that are done while you are typing...

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was doing my show report and had a lot typed in when my internet went down. I DO NOT WANT TO RETYPE IT!

Comments

• 10000lakes10000lakes Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭

If you're on a PC you could cut n paste into Notepad or Word.
    On a phone or IPad you could try to cut n paste it into an email and save it or send it to yourself.

• TomBTomB Posts: 20,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

If something has been saved you will see "My Drafts" in the menu on the far right side of your monitor directly above the block that says "Categories". Click on "My Drafts" and any intentionally or auto-saved comments or posts will show up.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• 1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

What TomB said

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

In MSWord, go to File, Info, Manage Versions. Your files should be there under with the last saved (or auto saved) version. If that does not work, search your PC drive for a *.txt file with the approximate time your power went out. That will contain a text copy of the document.

If you were typing into a on-line program, your material is probably lost.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the help guys. I found out where to get it and finished my report and posted it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file